1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread.
    Dismiss Notice

New Kubota GR2120

Discussion in 'Tractor Photos' started by marc_hanna, Apr 9, 2018.

1. marc_hanna

marc_hanna Registered User

Well, I finally picked her up today. She came just in time for the 15cm of snow we got last night.

This thing is a snow assassin! I can't believe how well it blasts through the snow.

2018-04-09 17.12.09.jpg 2018-04-09 17.12.17.jpg

Tractor Beam, willys55 and sixbales like this.
  2. willys55

willys55 Caractacus Potts Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Is the GR short for Grrrrrr.

Tractor Beam likes this.

3. marc_hanna

Sent from my iPhone using Tractor Forum

4. willys55

willys55 Caractacus Potts Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2016
    I think that is a real nice machine.........and just because I have a twisted sense of humor, I could not help but notice that if you quickly glance at the first photo it looks like spiderman mask

5. marc_hanna

Well, I do feel like a superhero when I'm blowing snow with it.

6. marc_hanna

The salesman told me that the blower is built by RadTech in Quebec. I was quite surprised about that, especially given the price.

7. marc_hanna

Well, I have 2.2 hours on the Kubota now. Just letting the kids drive it around. No snow to blow and no grass to mow. I think we’re about 4 weeks before I’ll be able to put this girl to work. Fortunately, it rides over the soft ground a lot better than the Kioti, so I’ll be able to get out there earlier in the season to start mowing, not like last year when it was already waste high before the ground was hard enough.

8. marc_hanna

Nice little motor in it.

IMG_2468.jpg

I don’t like what they did with the exhaust where they mounted the snowblower. My phone dies before I could take a pic. But I’ll try to take one later.

9. Tractor Beam

Tractor Beam ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS Staff Member

Not sure why I missed this update. Looks great Marc!

10. marc_hanna

Here’s what the did with the exhaust. They had to take off the tip to clear the snowblower mount.

IMG_2472.jpg
    IMG_2474.jpg
    IMG_2473.jpg

It’s not restrictive, but I don’t like how it blows right on the mounting assembly.

11. Tractor Beam

That is kind of strange. My BX and my Deere vent to the side.

12. marc_hanna

Normally, it vents out the front and wouldn’t be a problem if there weren’t any attachments on the front. It seems to me there should have been a redirect kit with the snow blower.

Tractor Beam likes this.
  13. Tractor Beam

It's amazing the difference in styling from my 2002 to your 2018.

100-0129.jpg

14. marc_hanna

Yup. They’re all about the the pretty aerodynamics these days. I think yours is still a class up from mine though. Do you have a three point hitch?

15. Tractor Beam

It does but it's a cat 0 which is useless really. Gosh I do love those Kubota 3 cylinder engines. Mine kept breaking the air cleaner mount, so I wound up putting a rubber mount in that I fabricated, which solved the problem. I actually like my Kubota better than my Deere in many regards.

16. marc_hanna

Yup, so far it seems like a pretty hefty motor. I drove it up a steep incline on my front lawn and it didn’t lose any speed or bog down.

Tractor Beam likes this.
  17. Tractor Beam

My BX almost stands on the side two wheels and the hood clatters and shutters when I kill the engine. All that gut pounding torque and compression from that mighty 54 c.i. engine!

18. marc_hanna

Well, mine starts a little smoother than that, but definitely a lot kick when it first turns over. I’ll have to take some videos.

Tractor Beam likes this.
  19. Tractor Beam

Videos would be awesome! I need to pull my Kubota out and get it ready for grass mode, since I saw a small yellow flower popping up out of the ground today.

20. marc_hanna

I’m going to give it one more week before I take the blower off. There’s still a potential for snow on Friday. After that it’s warming up to the mid to high teens (Celsius).

Tractor Beam likes this.