Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at Lowe's tonight and saw a bunch of these fabulous GT machines --- cannot believe that I didn't have a section just for these units... Is it just me or did the GT2548 model look extremely similar to the GT5000 --- almost exact same layout all around --- minus the nice digital hours meter and fancy amp meter that the Husky has over the Craftsman....was selling for $2500 or so plus some kind of discount... In any case, sorry to all of your HUSQ-VARNIANs out there!

Andy
:D

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Hey Andy, Thats some kind of discount on the price. The internet dealers are all around $3700.00 for the GTH2548XP if that is what you are talking about. Here's a small picture of it in the attachments.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
These are new models with lower pricing also available at these same prices at your local mom and pop dealers. Husqvarna is owned by Electrolux with the US AYP (American Yard Products) name being changed to Frigidare. They manufacture tractors under several brand names such as Husqvarna, Craftsman and Poulan.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Thanks for the merger updates Amicks, like consumer electronics, unless your in the field it's hard to keep up with all the changes. And then it's a challenge.

Mark
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by amicks
These are new models with lower pricing also available at these same prices at your local mom and pop dealers. Husqvarna is owned by Electrolux with the US AYP (American Yard Products) name being changed to Frigidare. They manufacture tractors under several brand names such as Husqvarna, Craftsman and Poulan.
Knew it had to be the same manufacturer --- same everything nearly except the dash and of course the color --- haha

Thanks for the info, Tony.

Andy

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Argee I am surprised you did not misspell it Crapspoulavarna :peace:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Hey Andy, Thats a quick ignoring of the slings tonight. I sense I will being going to Disney real quick (oh no here comes my grandson) See yea..........

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Naaah....No slings!!! And remember this is home of the official "No Disney visits ever" ---- :D

:cheers:

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Michael
Hey Andy, Thats some kind of discount on the price. The internet dealers are all around $3700.00 for the GTH2548XP if that is what you are talking about. Here's a small picture of it in the attachments.
Yep that is the one I saw there.... strange...why $3700??? It is the same as GT5000 minus the dash and couple gauges.....

strange

Andy

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Back from Disneyland with the grandson.

I do not know why it is so expensive from the internet search I did on Yahoo but that is the average price. One dealer was saying list $4700.00 and the DISCOUNT PRICE was $3700.00 I think there's one born every second and they are hard at work to separate so folks from their money quickly.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From what I saw the only obvious difference was the digital hour meter gauge, digital ammeter and orange paint.... could be wrong...but unless digital meters have gotten REALLY expensive, I dont get it.

:D

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Argee, I do not know why the high price. Today I was sort of putting around and I was in the Northern Tools website and they are advertising the tractor for $2495.00. All I can guess is these dealers see a sucker a mile a way. After all its a HUSQVARNA!!!
Betcha in a month or so they will come down to the new pricing and go along and annouce a really big sale on these new tractors.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Argee, I do not know why the high price. Today I was sort of putting around and I was in the Northern Tools website and they are advertising the tractor for $2495.00. All I can guess is these dealers see a sucker a mile a way. After all its a HUSQVARNA!!!
Betcha in a month or so they will come down to the new pricing and go along and annouce a really big sale on these new tractors.
Oh, so the dealers think it is the chain saw caliber of GT's...Not hardly.:lmao:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Now, Now I did not mean anything just stating my opinion.:pig: :hand:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Now, Now I did not mean anything just stating my opinion.:pig: :hand:
No saber rattling here. I was just guessing why the dealers put the price on it. The Huskie chain saw is one of the leading brands.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Originally posted by Argee
No saber rattling here. I was just guessing why the dealers put the price on it. The Huskie chain saw is one of the leading brands.
That I know as I have a 20 icher about 15 years old, It replaced a el cheapo and has stood up to my abuse over the years. I was just joking about it I figured you was CHAIN SAW waving.., dang wish I could get the smilies to work a half pull down all get and I could really start dressing this up.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts