Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
We have a New Holland t1510 with a series 930gh backhoe attachment. The service guy cross threaded the fitting on the dipper line and it’s leaking like crazy. I am capable of changing out the fittings but need advice on how to depressurize the system before working on it- ideally I would like to not drain the system but I can’t find much information about cutoff valves in the manual.
A5ABCBBB-2B78-42E7-B69B-05919679435A.jpeg
A31FBC61-A662-4BA6-B230-BDD1CA771EE5.jpeg

Please help! :) and thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
Put the boom and dipper forward until it rests gently on the ground. Then put the stabilizers down also, until they rest gently on the ground. Turn off the tractor. This will insure that no gravitational force is putting pressure into the system.

If you have quick disconnects, disconnect then now. Put a clean shop towel over the end the male disconnect and push it straight down on a hard surface. This will push in the stem and release any pressure in the system. A little fluid will squirt out but not much, but best not to be wearing your Sunday best. You can repeat this on the second line, but it might not be necessary. It will also help jogging each of the levers and repeating (tractor must be turned off).

If you don’t have quick disconnects, that leaky fitting should depressurize the system on its own. Again, jog each of the levers to equalize the system and wait 15 minutes. Now you can slowly loosen the fittings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts