Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
Can you take a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tractor Forum

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
I'll take one once the sun rises and post it. For now, I'm wondering about a "simple" wiring schematic - one that shows the starter and the "firewall" of the tractor - the black wiring is coming out from behind the dash and connects to.......

I'm pretty sure its the ignition wiring going to the starter (?) I just don't know where it gets attached....

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
I’m not 100% sure of your timeline of events. Has the tractor been started after the the starter was replaced? Or was replacing the starter one of the things you tried in order to fix the problem?

Also, you say it is a remanufactured starter - did you get the original rebuilt or did you trade it in for one that was already rebuilt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tractor Forum

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I bought a reman starter when the tractor didn’t start after I had the battery checked out. I bought another starter already built. I believe that this ignition harness needs to be attached to the solenoid, but not sure where.

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
That could very well be the case.

Still, I think you need to make sure the solenoid is operating. I would think if that connector operates the solenoid there would be a matching one connected to the starter assembly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's probably a safety switch at the seat, the clutch, and possibly the trans. has to be in neutral.
I'd jump around/bypass all the safety switches one at a time or test them to see if they're
functioning correctly.
I have the TZ25DA. I am stumped. I was home over thanksgiving and I couldn’t get it to start. ( crank) I came home for Easter and it started right up. I used it for 2 days starting and stopping a dozen times with no issue. Got on it yesterday, will not start. I have a new battery, bypassed all the safety switches, still no starting. I have power to the starter, but not the cylanoid when I turn the key. I can crank it by shorting across the starter but it won’t start. I have pulled the ignition switch and blown it out, put it all back together, still same thing. Will not crank. HELP ME. It’s blocking my boat in the shop, and it’s Crappie time.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts