Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, not sure if anyone has has this issue, I have a 1997 New Holland 6635 24x 12 manual shuttle, it has only done 3,000 hrs, reverse is fine but sometimes it wont drive forward and then without warning it will kick in and will have its full power, I have asked my local dealers but they don't know what it might be. any help is appreciated,
Regards
Adi

·
1,443 Posts
There weren't many 35 series tractors sold in this area, so I see very few of them. I don't know that I've ever seen one with a 24 X 12 transmission. At least not one with a problem in that area. ASSUMING you don't hear or feel anything unusual or suddenly something different in the shuttle or shuttle lever when you shift into forward ?? then I can't help but think the problem lies in the dual command portion. There are too many variants of that tractor, even in a few years of production for many of the mechanics who worked on them to know them all.

The dual command consists of two hydraulic clutch packs, one for high range, one for low. I would assume it will default to low range for inching, but what actually controls that I don't know. I suspect that might vary a bit based on transmission variant and tractor serial number, but that's only a guess. With the absence of the applicable service manual, one could study the parts lists and maybe figure out what your tractor has in that respect. I can think of a few possibilities for problems with erratic clutch engagement, but with it only affecting forward operation that would rule most of them out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There weren't many 35 series tractors sold in this area, so I see very few of them. I don't know that I've ever seen one with a 24 X 12 transmission. At least not one with a problem in that area. ASSUMING you don't hear or feel anything unusual or suddenly something different in the shuttle or shuttle lever when you shift into forward ?? then I can't help but think the problem lies in the dual command portion. There are too many variants of that tractor, even in a few years of production for many of the mechanics who worked on them to know them all.

The dual command consists of two hydraulic clutch packs, one for high range, one for low. I would assume it will default to low range for inching, but what actually controls that I don't know. I suspect that might vary a bit based on transmission variant and tractor serial number, but that's only a guess. With the absence of the applicable service manual, one could study the parts lists and maybe figure out what your tractor has in that respect. I can think of a few possibilities for problems with erratic clutch engagement, but with it only affecting forward operation that would rule most of them out.
Many thanks for your reply, it certainly is a strange one, i have been using it tonight and its been fine, it is really strange as tomorrow i might get in it and it would of lost forward again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts