Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello;

Just found this site, WOW !! I have just bought a '05 X475 after trading in my ' 97 GT275.

I have always wanted one of the older ones and finally got a line on a mid '70s 214 that doesnt run. The way it is sounding I might be able to pick it up for free ( fingers crossed )

David

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Welcome to Tractor Forum Dave! :friends: :cheers: Please to meet you and hope you will be a regular poster. Be sure to show us some pictures of your progress if your 214 pans out.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave. Nice choice in machines on the X475.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
welcome and congrats on the new X475

as was mentioned.. post some pics so we can drool over your ride..

sj

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome David:friends: How do you like your new ride:question:

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Welcome aboard Dave and as nice as the X475 is, I think you will enjoy the 214 also. I got a 210 early this summer to play with and it is a fun machine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the welcome:D I mowed for the first time tonight ...... BIG difference from the 275 to the 475.

I have yet to get pictures but as soon as get them i will post them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea Hoooo!! I brought the 214 home tonight. Worse part is a big ol thunderstorm is rolling in and I cant even unload it. Oh well at least its home.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Originally posted by John Deere Dave
Yea Hoooo!! I brought the 214 home tonight. Worse part is a big ol thunderstorm is rolling in and I cant even unload it. Oh well at least its home.
Welcome and please educate me about your new Deere thingy, for instance is it Orange? JUST KIDDING YOU!!!:spinsmile

Dean

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
214 good machine -- tough , not underpowered at l all [ even though today's machines hoot about big Hp-- a lot of attachments available for it --

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well got the 214 going. Rebuilt the carb and cleaned the ign switch and she purrs like a kitten. Will have to wait until next fall/winter to restore. Will just tinker with for now. Hope to pick up some new tread for it as both front and rear are unmatched side to side. Came to a huge total investment of $24.00 in the tractor :)

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats great John Deere Dave glad you have it running good
:thumbsup: Keep us posted on the progress of the restore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Originally posted by treed
If you haven't already discovered it, here's the best JD l&g site for the older Deeres:

www.weekendfreedommachines.org

A wealth of info on the older Deeres including the 214.
Yep I found that site. If it wasn't for Ed there I would still be in the garage wondering why the thing wont run at wide open throttle. It was his tip on the ign switch that got me going. I owe hime some beer:D

Here is the link to that thread, if you scan down there is a picture of the X475 and the 214.
http://www.weekendfreedommachines.org/discus/messages/17/51826.html?1098888621

Started out wanting the 48 inch deck but they didnt have that in stock. He told me to take the 54 and if I did like it they would get me a 48". I am keeping the 54, it is GREAT !!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts