Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post at TractorForum.com, so I thought I'd put it in the WH forum, 'cause thats where my heart is!

I've got a 854, last of the round hood 'horses. Also have a 655 that I hope to get started on as soon as the weather breaks. (My garage is unheated, and that cold concrete gets my bones hurtin real fast).

Looks like there isn't alot of posting going on here, hopefully that will pick up in the future. This looks like a well kept/run tractor site! Shame to see it (at least this part) as unused as it is.

Say howdy hi, lets get to know each other! :coffee:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Juggler, let me be the first to offer a big welcome! :friends: :beer: :cheers: Hope to see more of you here and maybe you can post some pictures of your project as it comes along. Now that you have found us; don't be a stranger! :thumbsup:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome Juggler

:stupid: I don't have a Wheel horse but i do like the look of the old horse's. They have a guy on here that has a whole lot of old Wheel Horse's goes by the name Kevin Beitz. Post some pictures of your horse would love to see them.
Jody

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Welcome Juggler

if you are interested.. here is a link to a thread where a lot of the members have written a 'little about themselves' so you can get to know who's who...

who are you link

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Juggler

Like you, some days I feel old, but I ain't quite brand new here. I came over when they first started up and posted a few times, like the forum. Have been busy with other comittments and as habit and familliarity have frequented the "other" board. We tend to do things we are accustomed to, but little caesar over there is getting on my nerves. I got some of those warnings too, but thus far none of my postings have been deleted. He probably lurks here and it may be a matter of time.

I just bought a 1972 Wheelhorse that is in fine condition. It only has a mower deck with it and am trying to learn what I can about them. Some have offered information that I appreciate, links etc, but my model number wont pull up anything. As nearly as I can tell it is a C frame (don't know if it is short or long). The display on Johnny buckets site looks like the same tractor or at least almost identical. I do not know what the mating parts that are on attachments look like to fit the hitches on front and back, but will keep looking and searching and learning. Big L has given me some good advice as has Kevin and some others, too bad crap like being banned from the other board happens. What is next, shunning ? I know some controls are necessary, but they should be reasonable, If they did not like that controversial thread, why did they let it go on to the third editon of almost 300 messages?
Sorry, perhaps I am mixing two topics and probably confusing you.
Did not mean to do that, just digressed.
Welcome aboard.
Bill P.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everybody for the howdy hi! :D Makes a fella feel welcome, thanks!

Bill, I am far from being a WH expert, but if I can help you out, I'm more than willing. The way I go about it is, I'll get a tractor, take my 655 for example, then just research the snot outa it. I don't try to make museum pieces, but I try to get as close to original as is practical.

Post a picture of your '72, I'd like to see it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts