Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another model with the same hood,22hp twin cylinder with 46" deck.
TRACTORFORUM is the only place to get ground breaking news and pictures. :D

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I like the 1500s better:smiles: This look kind of like the JD Ls hood?
Jody:usa:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Yup, figured that would be the complaint. One of the complaints about the L is the open hood design. Most want the engine compartment completely closed.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Cub 1000 series

That is the worst looking Cub Cadet I have seen in my life. Thanks for the pictures

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys so far. Keep in mind that this is a prototype and may be different from the actual production. However it will be close to the picture. Cub is banking on the price to sell them. 18hp Briggs 42" mower with Timken bearings, cast iron front axle, hydrostatic drive and electric PTO for $1599.00. Boy that's a mouthfull.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I agree looks like a L series Deere.Also agree worst looking Cub I ever seen.Looks sort of like those cheap Cadets that were a flop a few years back.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Argee, There's no articles out yet. The mowers have not been manufactured yet and a lot of dealers still may not have even seen the pictures like the ones here on TractorForum.com. As soon more info is available, I'll share it with you. Thanks for everyone's input. Personally, veiwing the mower in person, I liked the way it looked but my brother didn't like it , kinda like some of you guys.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Hey Amicks, I agree the 1000 series kind of looks like the L-series. I was at Gardenweb site and they were talking about the CC website and the website referenced the new models but you cannot see the referenced webpage or pictures yet.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Well the first quiet night in a week and a half and I finally did some searching and this is a recent ad for the 1000 series Cub Cadet. I am hoping the attachment will post.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
It worked fine. I already had Adobe and it automatically opened it.

I wonder if the hoods for all brands come from the same designer. Not unlike cars, if you took the name off and painted them the same color, it would be hard to tell them apart without a real close look.

Mark

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I would guess the mold is cheaper if you buy from your competition. I agree that it really is not very much much to look at. I glad the post opens with no problem. I can just imagine the post when they get going over at Spikeland. I guess when they see it really good the bashers are going to have a field day with the less expensive Cub Cadet. I know after all the bashing the L-series took and the bashers at gardenweb are not even finished yet with it over there. I found another picture on it and I will add it as a attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Michael, The first picture you showed is of the old models which have been discontinued. The second picture is mine, probably someone took it from here.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Sorry Amicks I made a mistake, I was trying to upload a picture aof the nose of the hood and I accidently got your picture. BTW does the new 1000 series have a cast iron deck or something like the MTD's?
I try once again to load the nose.

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
I like the idea of a one piece hood. My old tractor has a hood and two side panels that need a wrench to remove and gain access. Sometimes that is a pain in the butt. As to the Cub being ugly, no more so than all the other "jelly bean" design tractors. I like the old styling of the Ingersoll and tractors of the '70s and older.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I do like the one piece hoods they are easier to remove and lighter if for some reason you have to take it off. I just wish the various companies would try something different to make each brand different then the jelly bean look, after all aero is not something to worry about on a lawn tractor. I wish one of the companies would do something different like Dodge did on the 1995 when they bought out the new Ram. I could just see it. A Dodge Ram clone hood on and nose on a lawn tractor.:party:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts