Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the credit goes to Bob Koerber from n4bk.com

Bob had a nice YM1500 and 20 acres to mow. The Ag tires were not the ideal tires to use, but turf tires are. Bob came up with a plan. In his own words from his blog and the re-found pixs.

Here are the new rear tires Goodyear 36X13.5X15 Terra Turf tires mounted on JD rims. I have two pieces of 7.5inch diameter stock on order so I can machine some adapters on the milling machine as the bolt pattern is 6X6 on the rims and 6X5.5 on the rear hubs.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Here is a view showing the difference between the stock tires and the new ones. There is actually only about 1 inch difference in diameter.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Another comparison view. The overall width of the new tires is 15 inches. Bought the tires (brand new) and mounted on nicely repainted rims off e-bay for 272.00 total including shipping!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Here are the adapters prior to being tapped for 1/2-20 bolts. They were made from 7.5 inch diameter 6061-T6 aluminum that was cut to 1-1/2 inches thick. I got the stock from Speedy Metals. Although I have a milling machine, I don't have a rotary table so the 4" diameter center cutout would have taken several hours of work. I called a local machine shop and they cut the center out and faced the pieces for 20.00 total. The 6 inch pattern for the JD rims is tapped on one side and the 5.5 inch pattern is tapped on the other. I'll show you why next.
Fixture Bicycle part Rim Composite material Auto part

I found the bolts went through the existing holes from the rear perfectly saving me the trouble of having to mill out 12 holes to recess the bolts if I had to use the stock Yanmar bolts.
Gas Cylinder Machine Nut Machine tool

Here a shot after I torqued the plate down. I used Noalox anti-sieze on all the hardware prior to screwing the bolts in.
Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake Locking hubs Bicycle part

His old blog also talks about the next step, fender spacers. Thus, he's able to use a real full size tractor seat and have much more room in the open cab area. BUT, he couldn't find the pixs anymore.

Bob has since sold his YM1500 to a good friend a few years back.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Noticed back in March 2011 Zetor here did Turf tires with a kit from Hoye. Not sure if it does the same here or not. hmmmm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.