Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father-in-law gave me this 8 foot tine harrow. It is VERY heavy with a lot of moving parts which obviously are not moving right now. The harrow has independent right and left sides connected by several links. I’m thinking this is for uneven ground. You can see the chains from one side to the other or not even and I have to straighten that out. I guess they are for sway control. I would like to know anything about this harrow make and age, and get any advice on how to loosen up the tine bars so they move freely which I’m not sure why but it appears to be by design.
Plant Wood Grass Tree Groundcover

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks similar to this one, but not quite the same. It's missing the handles that are used to adjust the depth of the tines.
View attachment 71642
Thank you! I noticed that the adjustment bars had been welded in position so the tines are fixed. Also any times that had broken were replaced with railroad spikes. It’s an interesting piece. Looking forward to trying it out...after my tractor gets back from the shop!.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.