Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local JD dealer has one in apparently good shape with 388 hrs for $500, 46" deck. Is this a MTD? Shaft drive? Cast Iron Tranny? Any opinions appreciated.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
HDS2165

It is a MTD made Cub Cadet. Shaft driven made Between 1994 and 1998. I belive it has a Aluminum transmission. But you may want to ask Neil on the transmission question. That is a pretty good price considering the 2004 Blue Book has 1994 HDS2165 worth betwwen $720.00 and $920.00 in Good-Average condition.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Originally posted by Old_Nodaker
Local JD dealer has one in apparently good shape with 388 hrs for $500, 46" deck. Is this a MTD? Shaft drive? Cast Iron Tranny? Any opinions appreciated.
Did you give up on the snapper already?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Have you driven this machine?
HDS is a shaft drive hydro with a "clutch pack" . Check it carefully. Your foot controls clutch pack your hand shift controls speed and direction.KEEP YOUR FOOT OFF FOOT PEDAL WHEN DRIVE IS ENGAGED.DONT RIDE IT.
Clutch pak replacement assy is 400+.
Of,course thats a good price on the machine.....even if it needs a little work

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't driven it, thought I'd check with you guys before getting to interested. Wouldn't consider it unless you thought it was a great deal.

Haven't given up on the snapper, but it doesn't have a mower deck, only snow blower. I'm really only considering the cub as a replacement for my JD 318 which I only use to pull a cart and ocassional backup for mowing. Would greatly lessen my investment in mowers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts