Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello , I would like your input , I want to buy a tractor with a loader , for snow and small work around the house , I am looking at a kubota B4200 , a B6100 and à Massey Ferguson 1010 , all are 4x4 .
Regards

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sc42766! I'd research parts availability on any tractor you decide to consider. Doesn't seem to be a great selection of parts for these guys out there.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
hello , I would like your input , I want to buy a tractor with a loader , for snow and small work around the house , I am looking at a kubota B4200 , a B6100 and a Massey Ferguson 1010 , all are 4x4 .
Regards
The question is, here are you located? This will help in knowing your choice.

With Kubota's they require regular general maintenance and care for them to last. Don't work them too hard, else they break. A co-worker of mine and others I know have learned these traits with the Kubota tractors.

The M-F 1010 is one of those CUT rebranded tractors like John Deere does with Yanmar. The difficulty here is, Toyosha is not a major player in the tractor industry.
Here is the general history. https://www.stevenstractor.com/home/shop-brand/hinomoto.html So, getting parts will be VERY difficult.

Kubota, Mahindra, Yanmar, Mitsubishi, etc.

If you are in the USA or Canada, getting gray market Yanmar parts is rather easy. There is a strong supplier base due to the fact of many Yanmars painted green are John Deere's. :D

The key to finding any tractor is FIRST, do your home work.
- what are your needs.
- what machines are in your area
- can you afford what you need
- If it looks like junk, chances are it is junk. Move on and keep looking.
- Research the good brands with a parts network in your region.
- If you by gray market used, make sure it's from Japan directly. This means 1-owner used. If from other Asia countries, then the tractor could be 2 or 3 owners with much higher run hours and much neglect.
- If it's a name brand like M-F, Ford, Deere, etc, still research. There are known bad models to avoid. I was nearly at a close of a deal on a Ford 4000 till I figured out the frame was bent and the tractor didn't freely move forward straightly. It kept turning right.

Always look for a tractor above 20Hp. Why? Most lawn tractors and ATVs can already achieve that. Diesel fueled engines burn thru LESS fuel than petro.

Mostly all tractors from the late 1980s and back have no computers to go wacky on them. Thus, lower repair costs. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts