Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OPEN UP TO ANYONE ON OUR "FORUM".
LIKE TO KNOW WHERE TO GET AN OIL GAGE AND SENDING UNIT?
WHERE TO HOOK THE LINE INTO THE ENG/FILTER?
AND ANOTHER "IN DASH HOUR METER"
AND A SMALL "TECH"
I WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL ALL OF THEM IN BEHIND THE DASH WITH THE DASH LIGHTS.I CAN DO ALL OF THIS BUT WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW FROM OTHERS ON THERE JOB.
One more note to anyone that want's to know .I mowed 2 1/2 Fields of grass that was from three ( 3" ) all the way to a foot ( 12" ). on rough , smooth, dusty, and some wet ground , with the chrome tractor and only used less then a half (1/2 ) tank for fuel , and that was with the weights on both rear wheels and in the front. The old back came out pretty good . Have a great time to you all.
SAM SAMSRAM & wife JEANNIE:usa: Bye Bye Bye :driving: :driving:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Sam,
There is a guy named Willie on this forum that I believe has done those mods on a similar Husky. I can't remember if he posted them on this site or another one. Try doing a search under Willie Nunez on this site, and see what you come up with.

Sounds like you have an economical machine!

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Any auto parts store should have a bunch of difrent oil guages. All shapes and sizes.

As for where to tap into the system? Does the tractor have a "Low Oil PSI" light on it? If so, or a low oil PSI shut down, it should have a sensor screwed into the block somewere. If so, remove the sensor, and get a "T" fitting, and reinstall that sensor. In the other leg of the "T" you would install the switch, or line for the guage. BTW the oil PSI guages come in mechancal, or electric. If you get the mechancal one[what BTW I perfer, but thats just me] make sure you have a copper line that goes from the motor to the guage. A lot of the low $ ones come with a plactic line, and with them you are just asking for truble.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by MowHoward2210
Sam,
There is a guy named Willie on this forum that I believe has done those mods on a similar Husky. I can't remember if he posted them on this site or another one. Try doing a search under Willie Nunez on this site, and see what you come up with.

Sounds like you have an economical machine!
>>>>> SO SORRY .I HAD TO GO BACK AND CHANGE ( GAL ) TO HALF A TANK . I GUESS IT IS JUST ALL THE CHROME THAT MADE ME GOOF.Thank you for the reply

1 - 9 of 9 Posts