Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed briggs short block 592060 now need new style flywheel old one is off close to 90 degrees from tdc when installed on new block. I have read that someone else had same issue can they or some one give me a number of new flywheel .new flywheel will have keyway almost straigh in line with magnet on wheel Thanks for any help Wayne

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Howdy Wayne, welcome to the tractor forum.

You need to contact the company you purchased the short block from. Describe your problem to them, and provide them with details of your original engine...model, type, and date code numbers.

I looked up the new short block 592060 at one supplier, and noted that they state that your old flywheel may not work with this new engine.

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
Welcome to the forum,wayne!
That uses a flywheel PN 591760,used AFTER code date 12071700
here's what I found it fits:31A777-0118-B1 - Briggs & Stratton Engine, Electric Starter

Reactions: sixbales

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Model 31p777 type 0348E1 code 040121ZD Itried the trick of lineing up crank keyway to center of coil and then centering flywheel magnet to center of coil,I will be damned it works fine .now just got to find the right flywheel to fit the new short block.thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.