Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened to run accross this on a welding related website but thought it had a lot of merit . Its made with two hand push type snow pusher/ shovel bladed joined together......May not push a heap of snow but it certainly could be very usefull if you got on a snow fall imediately and it was not too deep or wet, be perfect for a couple of quick trips up and down a pavement or driveway..........and certainly cheap enough to make

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
you don't want any bigger then that the 56 has small narrow back wheels so it would not make the best of a snow remover

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd have to think it would do fair in a light snow, and probably easier and better than using a shovel. Maybe add some big AG type tires on wider rims and a couple of pounds of weight and chains........

I had an old 65 series (IIRC) that I found being thrown out and used to have some fun with it.......Was more of a vertical engined kart than a mower when it was up and running...Youngin's put many a mile on it tearing up the place.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I use to have a JDR70 with a JD snow plow for it. It worked well with up to 5inches of snow with just chains. But boy did I abuse that little machine and blade. I would use it for Grading the gravel drive as well. Only probelm with the machine was the gear sprocket kept on falling off. Bad desige for that paticular JD RER. I think the only company anymore that still produces a Blade for there RER is Snapper. I know Ariens also use to produced a dozer Blade for there RER as well as Cub Cadet and many other's use to produced snow Blades for there RER's.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, its two blades from two hand type snow pusher shovels, that were joined together.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a closeup of the two pieces joined together.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts