Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK well on simple johns request, I will post a few pictures of the house I just had built. And for all you kiddys out there that are thinking of building new. FORGET IT!!!!. OMG this whole thing has been a night mare.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well, 5 months after going to contract, they started digging.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You know, I should have known, and just fired those:moon:

After the hole sat there a few months, they started pouring the foundation. OK lets pick a day with a few inches of rain.:argh: :argh: Well to make a short story of it. Cement trucks got stuck, state hiway closed down, three wreakers stuck, had to pull out the futters becouse they got dameged by the rain.:argh: :argh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shell done. Glad to see itcame out as nice looking as we thought it would. Hard to tell by just looking at a plan.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is from the day we fired the builder and took possesion of the house. As you can see none on the landscaping is done.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, we are still not done. Could not realy fix/finish any of the stuff on the house, till the lawers are done fighting. We did finly get a chance to get some of the outside grading done, and some top soil spread out, but by then it was to late to plant grass. Looks like we may be all rapped up by the end of the year. I HOPE so.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
nice house.. pretty GD big too.. how many SQ Ft???

BTW.. dont think we did not notice you slipped the 13 FP's pictures in there....

too bad about all the problems... We built new 5 years ago and against the norm, we had minimal problems overall... Actually it went pretty smooth... but we always hear of horror stories...

looks real nice

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
13??? that many??? I never knewangel angel angel :D

BTW it is right about 2500sqft

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
basements

Glad we dont need basements here you did down that deep and you have a pond:smiles: Would be fighting water in it all the time.:winky:
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Paul,
The important thing is that your living in it now. The issues will work themselves out eventually.

Did you ever resolve the shingle issue? Or did you just leave them like that? Has there been any leaks?

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nope no leaks. It is still like that, and on our list of gripes. I will try to find a picture of it to show everyone the great work the builder did

1 - 20 of 42 Posts