Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Literally........everything she eats now is sucked through a tube and has to be liquid or liquified for the next 6 weeks or so. And just ow many of you fella's thoght the topic was related to:
1. Our sex life
2. That she is out of line

Well anyhow, She just had some surgery on her jaw to correct problems associated with the fire extinguisher incident that happened back in Oct of 03. She kept having terrific headaches and after many tests it was discovered that her jaw bone was actually messed up in addition to her getting that fractured skull. She had had TMJ surgery one time back in 1996 and had a bunch of plates etc installed in her jaw then, but this time those plates were displaced by the accident and things really got missaligned. So they had to basically remove all the old plates and redo her jaw again from scratch as well as repair the damaged jaw hinge joints and muscles etc. So now her mouth is wired shut for a minimum of 6 weeks. I was sort of looking forward to some peace and quiet, but that thought was soon forgotten, as she can raise a ruckus with her jaws firmly wired together just as good as when she was really able to flap her lips........Guess its inherent in a woman...........they are always going to be heard weather you like it or not. Anyhow after 4 days in the hospital about 100+ miles from home we are back as she was released yesterday evening........but have to make one or two trips a week back and forth to the hospital and the doctor for follow ups for at least the next 3 or so weeks. She has to carry a wire cutter on her at all times. The hospital charged $80 for a el cheapo wire cutter made in Pakistan........big rip. I have a drawer full of all kinds of wire cutters thatw ould have worked just fine.

So my meals are getting cut kinda slim, as she don;t really like to see solid foods being devoured (steak, potatoes, pork chops, ribs etc) and I sure am not a cook by any means..........I just hope I survive on soups and broths (which she liquifies and sucks through a straw).............and I go through the motions of chewing..........

Oh well thats life, it could have been a lot worse tha it is / was. One ore operation to go and hopefully all will be as good as it can be. That operation will be to install a plate over the area that they could not repair the skull bone in. It supposedly is a minor type proceedure, but she gets to have her head shaved again and her hair is just starting to get right again. She had wanted to get the plate in first but the jaw problem took priority......and they wanted to wait a sufficient amount of time to see what if any bone growth may occur. So probably about July she gets her new hair do once again!

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Hate to hear that hope you can make it on a liquid diet or you'll be going to the store alot and swinging through McDonald's alot.:D Whats the wire cutter for why does she have to have those:question: Hope your wife gets better soon and things can get back to normal.
Jody

·
Registered
361 Posts
:smoking:

Chipmaker, I remember reading your post a few ???s back when you picked up that nice looking fire extinguisher (Bomb). Sorry to hear she is still having the results of that disaster. Good Luck & I wish her well.

Now sneak out and get a pack of Hot-Dogs, Anybody can chunk them into there sloup.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hi
Sorry to hear. It must be rough. I told a lot of people about the danger of the extinguishers. I am very careful of them now. Hope all turns out well for you both.
Rodster

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Chipmaker, I remember when you posted about the extinguisher accident. I hope she continues to progress and heals quickly.

Jody. The wirecutters are in case she would have to vomit. With her jaw wired shut, she could easily aspirate the liquid and choke on it.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thanks bigdog i just couldn't imagine what they were for. Never knew anyone who had there mouth wire shut. My prayer are with her.
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by farmallmaniac
where is the fire extinguisher post? i would like to read it. Thanks
Ryan
Here is the link Ryan.
Jody

Fire extinguisher

·
Registered
477 Posts
Man, that is a freak accident, and with bad timing! I cant imagine having something in your lap one second and having it blow up the next. Good luck with your recoveries, and hope all is well. I too now will never let one just roll around unsecured.

Good luck,
Greg

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Chipmaker, whew, what can anyone say other than hoping your wife recovers soon bless you both.. Keep the chin up:)

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
wow chip i must have missed this post.. sorry to hear about everything.. what a mess.. all that from a fire extinguisher on the side of the road (if i recall correctly)

sorry to hear... hope she does ok.. and it wont be long before she'll be cooking pu your favorite non straw edible meals.... Steaks/bbq ect..
:homereat:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Are you going to shave your cranium as well?
I look like a real odd ball with mine shaved....did that once and not again by choice. This type of thing would be the exception!
They make some real natural looking wigs untill it grows back. A friend of ours had chemo treatments and you couldn't tell it wasn't her hair unless you knew about her treatments.

Best wishes!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts