Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Rod you must have been one crazy kid. A three wheel go-cart that you steer with you feet:lmao: You remind me of me:lmao:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys
I ran a live axle so I drove with both wheels. Our streets were blacktop so when the roads were dry it peeled the rubber
when I made a turn. The tires did not last very long. I tried recapping them with tape but that did not work too good. I gotta admit my Dad helped me with that one. The crank was so sloopy that I could not hold the mag to flywheel distance to get spark so
Dad riged it up so we just used the engine points and battery and coil for spark power. Thats why it has a car battery on it.
Rodster

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thats pretty wild looking. Looks pretty dangerous, too. The pic was obviously taken some time ago, as today you would have a helmet, eye protection, gloves, elbow and knee pads, etc. LOL What size engine is that?

My dad and I started on a project awhile back something like that. He bought an old Honda CB350, and we cut the three frame bars leaving just the engine in part of a cradle. We were going to weld it as is to a 1" square frame go-cart type chassis. I cut the mufflers off then reversed them, so the pipes came up and over the engine. I had the shifter linkage figured out, but never decided on a throttle linkage. I ended up losing a bunch parts while moving, and gave up on the whole thing. Woulda been cool though. Nice to see someone had one that was actually done and enjoyed!

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts