Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I started building this in 2001, the summer after I got my land. I got it almost all done, but things got kinda busy with a baby, and building the house, so things have been kinda stalled. Hopping to finish the doors this winter, and finnish up painting, and trim in the spring. This is a stick built shed, 12x16 and no power tools have been used in its construction. I did it ALL by hand. Ready for some pictures???? Here you go.

BTW most of the early ones are gone, so I start part way through.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Why no power tools?

Are you amish? No, wait you have a computer... :) --- No power out there? In any case, fabulous work. I love what you have done with it thus far. It is a testament to your craft and skill to do it all with no power tools my friend.

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I am happy with it. I kind of came up with the idea of the T-11 sideways. Never heard of anyone doing it, bit thought it gave the look of clap board. I have more shots coming.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Why no power tools?

Originally posted by admin
Are you amish? No, wait you have a computer... :) --- No power out there? In any case, fabulous work. I love what you have done with it thus far. It is a testament to your craft and skill to do it all with no power tools my friend.

Andy

LOL no not amish.:) I have done a fair share of woodworking, and just kind of got tired of the long setup time, and the noise of most power tools. A lot of time it is just quicker to do it my hand. Pluss I think you lose the "feel" for the wood with power tools. It's hard to explane, it is just that you can work WITH the wood, and get out of it, what is hidden inside, not just hack it apart. I do feel that is why craftsmanship is not a good today as it used to be. A lot of people learn how to use the tools, but don't learn how to work the wood.

Oh, and I also had no power.:D But I was going to get a genset, but that just adds more time, and noise. I got to say, it would have been nice for the plywood though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
I commend your efforts and your dedication to the craftsman trade. :clap: You are quite the inspiration. Obviously not just some overweight and lazy guy who hangs out by the bar each night -- like some drunk fat cowboy :cowboy: or perhaps a :chicken: who is stuffing itself up for the next feast.

Honestly, some great work!

Andy
:alien:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Probing Question......

Paul-
I looked over that last picture REALLY close.... and I have but one Question.

Doesn't that roof leak when it rains?????

TG

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by admin
I commend your efforts and your dedication to the craftsman trade. :clap: You are quite the inspiration. Obviously not just some overweight and lazy guy who hangs out by the bar each night -- Andy
:alien:
Nope...... I don't go to bars.:D

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Probing Question......

Originally posted by Tractorguy
Paul-

TG
Nope. Only if the rain falls down. As long as it goes up, I am fine.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, looks like that's about all I have. I still have some work to do to it. I have a little more trim to install, doors need to be built/installed, and some more painting. Life has been so busy the last year or two, so things are kinda stalled. Hope to do the doors this winter, and the trimm, and paint in fall.

As you can see, it's kinda filled with a TON of junk.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
I444,

Fabulous work --- and thanks for sharing such an interesting and noble project with us. I am really glad to see that there are still people that like to get things done and are not going to let limitations like power leave their aspirations in the dust. My great grand-father was a contractor. My grandmother (his daughter) was born in 1902 and he was born in 1878. He built many of the "showcase" homes in New Orleans uptown district (along the streetcar line and St. Charles Avenue) and I am so proud that most of them are still standing and in such fabulous condition. I am sorry to say that I am not an extremely gifted craftsman, but I have done few projects and I have some decent tools.

Thanks for sharing a bit of your life with us!
:)
Andy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Looks good

Ingersoll444
I like how you painted the inside white does it brighten it up inside good. I see yours looks like mine on the inside FULL:lmao: They are never big enough.:smiles:
Jody:usa:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My wife, and her Mom did the painting. Thet HATED that I wanted the inside painted.:D Well, they only did the walls, not the celling. Works for me, I am not going to complane. MUCH brighter.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Re: Probing Question......

Originally posted by Tractorguy
Paul-

TG
OMG

1 - 20 of 35 Posts