Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This disk had been setting in a field for over twenty years. Guy said "I put her in that field twenty + years ago, I don't know if it even turns anymore, it's yours for the taking, come down and get it, I'll help you load it."

Well, I drove that 150 miles down state to get it. I figured a tank of gas and some new bearings would be a small price to pay. As it turns out, it only cost me a tank of gas and a tube of grease. When I got her home, cleaned off the zerks and poured the grease to her. A little water ran out and then some 20 year old grease. Put her to work the same day. SWEEEEEEEET! is the way she cuts up the ground....

Attachments

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have to say I'm pretty blessed.

I bought a Greenline posthole digger for $50. The auger was bent (straightend on my cousins hydraulic press) and it needed a new yoke. ($10 and a few minutes work.) Punched about twenty postholes so far, going to really get going as soon as I finish up the field work.

Bought that Dearborn Plow for $125. Put another $150 in new moldboards and shin plates. Any in fair shape were going for $400+. Now I have one in NEW condition for which I paid $275.....:D

Bought an old 4' IMCO brush mower for $325. Probably paid a little more than I should have, but she's a beauty.

Yeah, I'm pretty blessed, and very thankful for the blessings.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Can't beat those deals. Guess it helps to be in the right place at the right time.

I find it helps if people know you are always looking for old stuff. Then you become the "go to guy"

"hey, I got this old POS, you want it, or know anyone that does?"

Worked well for me.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Ingersoll444
Can't beat those deals. Guess it helps to be in the right place at the right time.
I agree there, What I didn't mention is that I have been looking for a couple of years. It seemed all of a sudden the deals all came back to back.:smiles:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome

Welcome aboard FordTractorMan hope you enjoy the forum. So again Welcome:friends:
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Sweet

Originally posted by FordTractorMan
What a deal! That disk although used, doesn't look like it's been setting for 20 yrs. I need to find one like that... Congratulations!
Welcome FordTractorMan! Yeah I guess the old adage is true. Good things happen for he who waits.:lmao:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts