Tractor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I installed a new steering wheel on my tractor. Old one did not come off so I hammered on the shaft to break the rust. From what it sounds like in this thread these power steerings are pretty fragile. Afterward the power steering is not working and feels like it's fighting itself. Did I break something?

Nate

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 1948 Ford 8N tractor . My lower left hitch arm ( that connects arm to where attachment hook onto series 1 items ) to case is leaking. I bumped a tree with mower and it popped the shaft out of left side and has leaked all fluid. How do I get the shaft all the way back in to stop the leaking

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm wondering if you're referring to the bottom lift arm pivot shaft at the diff housing?
I could see the upper arm leaking at the shaft but am puzzled with the lower one leaking.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
If the mounting hole is not damaged, you can re-install the lift arm support pin by pulling the opposite side rear wheel and axle trumpet. This allows you to get a socket onto the castle nut of the new pin from across the housing. Lock the castle nut in position with cotter pin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the mounting hole is not damaged, you can re-install the lift arm support pin by pulling the opposite side rear wheel and axle trumpet. This allows you to get a socket onto the castle nut of the new pin from across the housing. Lock the castle nut in position with cotter pin.
Thank you I am disbled and cannot do this type of work. obviouslyly a trained mechanic must be hired Thank you skip

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe he discovered that he has a broken housing and is on another mission??
Maybe he discovered that he has a broken housing and is on another mission??
Lower 3 Pt Arm Support Pin - Did you damage the housing, or break the pin off, or both?? View attachment 81188
No my friend was trying to replace the arm with a straight one and used an impact wrench to remove outer nut. it just spun. He tried tapping it back into housing but didn't know about nut inside with cotter pin. Something inside is not connected by a nut or cotter pin or both.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts