1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured My Kubota b2410

Discussion in 'Tractor Photos' started by geoff l, Oct 27, 2017.

1. geoff l

geoff l Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Essex uk
    DSC01352.JPG This little machine had a hard life before I got my grubby mitts on it, pushing snow and salt spreading, so it had a fair bit of rust underneath.
    I have got on top of the rot, with just a couple of brake rods to fabricate as the adjusting threads are locked solid.
    There are 500 hours on it,I changed out all fluids, and generally gave it some well deserved tlc.
    In its new life it runs a bearcat chipper, flail mower, topping mower, rotavator and a back blade.
    I'm intending to fabricate a log splitter to go on the 3point this winter too.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Thomas and pogobill like this.
  2. willys55

willys55 Caractacus Potts Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Nice machine, love the cab.

P.S. I enlarged the photo for you.

geoff l likes this.

3. geoff l

Oct 10, 2017
    Essex uk
    Thank you Willy.

4. pogobill

pogobill Registered User Staff Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Looks like a very handy tractor, and cleaned up real nice. You are going to enjoy doing chores, especially with the cab!

5. geoff l

Oct 10, 2017
    Essex uk
    Thank you Bill, I still have a little more to do, but it's work in progress, and I must confess to really enjoying working the little machine.
    I have owned a Ferguson T20, and BMC mini tractor in the past, I do find the cab a big asset in avoiding dust, and obviously keeping dry and warm,it is fitted with a heater and fan.

FredM likes this.
  6. Thomas

Thomas Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2006
    Also like the cab,you got one hard work beast there...little TLC goes l o n g ways. ;)

7. geoff l

Oct 10, 2017
    Essex uk
    Thank you Thomas, it is a useful little machine, I need to do something to improve stability on side slopes, the cab does not help in this regard but is an asset none the less.
    Buying wheel weights is an expensive option, I will look into casting concrete with chicken mesh to reinforce, or good old tyre fill,which offers the best stability but can't be easily as easily removed as the weights.hmm.

8. Thomas

Thomas Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2006
    How much ballast weight do you think you need?

geoff l likes this.
  9. geoff l

Oct 10, 2017
    Essex uk
    I'm not really sure Thomas, but was considering half filling the rear tyres and seeing how that works, though I'm open to advice and have been watching threads on the subject.
    I only had a tilt moment once, but it was a surprise to me how easily things can go wrong.
    The vast majority of my work is on relatively level ground, I just have a couple of slopes I have to mow which can only be accessed as a side slope, maybe I ought to just use a walk behind for that strip.