Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It carries my wood, plows my snow, grades my yard...
I would be lost with out her....I'm talking about my wife :) just kidding

My rig hauling a small wood pile...

Ducati

Attachments

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Heck Duc! You can stack twice as much wood on there if you keep going up! :idea: :cowboy: :smiles: Nice picture. Nice lookin' Lab you got there too!

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I Want a universal too!!!

Thats a nice looking tractor Ducati, The Deere and the cub... nice setups

is that your property behind the fence? looks like a long driveway

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Simple John,

Thats my back yard and fence is the divider between my neighbor and me...it goes back some way..total lot size is 2 acres....but it could always be more !! i could use it thats for sure

My spring project is to plant trees along this fence approx 130 ft long area to cover....I'm open to ideas as what to use plant wise
i thought of arborvites with a small berme( 3' x 5' max ) along the length...
i want to keep the height limited and maintence low if possible...

Ideas welcome by all

Ducati

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Chief,

i think that was my last pile...went through way to much too quick
for down here...its not my main heat source so its more for relaxing...sit down relax in front of the fire, drink a vino or two and no sooner do you realize you burned a cord and a half....DOH!

The funny part is the snow that we just got today buried my fence
good with ice, so it will prevent me from getting back there with wood on my next delivery for some time...
Oh well :eek:mg:

Ducati

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
arborvites are nice, i took a landscaping class and the guy used to always say "plant arborvites 4 Ft apart and they will make a natural wall'

have you considered flowering crab apple trees? they bloom and look great they have all sorts of colors & they have berries so the birds like them. They look nice in the fall too...

nothing beats a row of flowering crab apple trees in the spring...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by ducati996
It carries my wood, plows my snow, grades my yard...
I would be lost with out her....I'm talking about my wife :) just kidding

My rig hauling a small wood pile...

Ducati
My smaller 210 is great for hauling stuff, too. Sometimes you have to remember that you may have stuff (chainsaw, gas, log chain, loping shears) in your bucket before you level a small spot on the trail and DUMP your bucket. :duh:

I plan to build a little carry-all for my 3pt hitch, or buy a utility carrier for my hitch adapter.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I mount a Hitch Haul on the 3 pt. trailer hitch and put my stuff there. The chainsaws I still carry in the bucket since they leak oil and crap all over. My Hitch Haul basket can hold up to 500 lbs. I paid about $50 for it. And my buddy welded up the 3 pt. trailer hitch for me.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Simple,

I think they drop their leaves correct? i need foliage year round..
I was told I could plant Arborvites as close as 2 feet apart....
White pines could be another type....

Your ideas welcome...havent finalized anything yet..

Thanks

Ducati

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
yes the do drop leaves.. the arborvites are nice.. 2 feet apart will be really thick.. They grow really fast and will definetly make a natural barrier.. You may want to check 2 ft may be a little close.. plus 130 Ft length at 2 ft apart is a lot of trees... Up here, the small ones cost about 20-30$ per tree.. But they grow really fast and will make a nice wall

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Duc, geneticly modified Lobb Lolly Pines grow the fastest. All depends if you want to put up with the needles and cones. Bailey's sells coniferous trees in the Winter. They even sell Red Woods.

click here

I am thinking about buying some for my place. Still haven't decided which species yet.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I have an arborvitae hedge. I spent about $500 for a 75 foot hedge. Two feet apart makes a dense hedge (thats what mine are) But they are not fast growing. Leland cypres are much faster and cheaper but get A LOT bigger. I was space limited. I would recommend the leland if space permits

1 - 14 of 14 Posts