1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

My DLT 3000 Picture

Discussion in 'Craftsman / Sears' started by markfnc, Sep 22, 2003.

1. markfnc

markfnc Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    A picture of my DLT 3000 getting ready to do some work.

Attached Files:

tcreeley likes this.
  2. jodyand

jodyand EX Super Mod

Sep 16, 2003
    Looks good That red sure stands out kind of like Dodge red sure brings eyes to it.
    Jody:D

3. DaYooper

DaYooper Tractorforum Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Wow. How much "Armourall" did you use on that seat and steering wheel? :D

4. markfnc

Sep 16, 2003
    No armor all at all. It was a showroom model, and had some minor scratches on the hood from the plastic thing that states the price setting on it for a while. So I got some turtle wax polish (swirl remover), and did that, then waxed it. I did this on all the red parts. Since then I use a leaf blower at the end of a mowing / aerating etc session. Then wipe off with a soft cloth.

IT had an hour meter added after 3 hours, it it now reads 7.8 hours after this past weekend. I changed the oil after 2 hours per the Locally owned Sears store I bought it from. They sell appliances, garden equipemnt, tv and tools. Nice little store in a nice little town. Local owner was top notch, and answered all my questions. When I go back he shows me how to do something on the store model they have.

5. markfnc

Sep 16, 2003
    14 years later. 2003 Sears DLT 3000 rolls on. probably use 35 - 40 hours a years, so probably getting close to 500 hours. had carb rebuilt twice. burning oil now on hills. tricky to start after sitting a few weeks, but overall been good. trying to keep it going rather than buy new.

tcreeley, geoff l and pogobill like this.
  6. pogobill

pogobill Registered User Staff Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Sounds like a testament to the good care you show your equipment. Now that computer of yours..... after 14 years since your last post, it must be in fantastic shape!!!:D
    Welcome back!!:)

FredM likes this.