Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Looks good That red sure stands out kind of like Dodge red sure brings eyes to it.
Jody:D

Reactions: FredM

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No armor all at all. It was a showroom model, and had some minor scratches on the hood from the plastic thing that states the price setting on it for a while. So I got some turtle wax polish (swirl remover), and did that, then waxed it. I did this on all the red parts. Since then I use a leaf blower at the end of a mowing / aerating etc session. Then wipe off with a soft cloth.

IT had an hour meter added after 3 hours, it it now reads 7.8 hours after this past weekend. I changed the oil after 2 hours per the Locally owned Sears store I bought it from. They sell appliances, garden equipemnt, tv and tools. Nice little store in a nice little town. Local owner was top notch, and answered all my questions. When I go back he shows me how to do something on the store model they have.

·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
14 years later. 2003 Sears DLT 3000 rolls on. probably use 35 - 40 hours a years, so probably getting close to 500 hours. had carb rebuilt twice. burning oil now on hills. tricky to start after sitting a few weeks, but overall been good. trying to keep it going rather than buy new.

·
Super Moderator
9,265 Posts
Sounds like a testament to the good care you show your equipment. Now that computer of yours..... after 14 years since your last post, it must be in fantastic shape!!!:D
Welcome back!!:)

·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking for something new. under $2000 range, that will last another 15 years like this one.
Comparing low cost JD from Lowes, Cub XT1, or another Craftsman.

·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ended up getting engine repaired. head gasket/sump gasket. hope it gets me a few more years.

G

·
0 Posts
Got a JD110 model from Lowes about a year ago. Been pleased with it. Turning radius, fwd/reverse foot pedals convenient, and reverse mowing arrangement are great.

·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DLT 3000 turned 17 last week. almost 600 hours. Engine doing well since repair.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
"Now that computer of yours..... after 14 years since your last post, it must be in fantastic shape!!!"

The wife is on my case because I still have underwear I bought at K-mart in 2003:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts