Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a digital camera, still working the bugs out, but here's a few photos so far. Go to www2.whidbey.net/freebird/cub/ and you will see the list. more work to do and I'll post photos of all of my implements for it.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Looks nice. Always liked the old cubs. Almost bought one, but the wife did not like the "out in the open" belts on the belly mower that was on it.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
They have a 1957 cub with the belly mower here in the local paper for $1750.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Looks good Freebird! I have seen several of them in this area with the belly mower. Some farmers other just people at the edge of town with a few acres using them to mow.

Mark

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read on one of these forums that instead of ruining your back changing implements on cubs, it justifies to have dedicated rigs i.e one for mowing and another for grading etc. Could this be some sort of "Bigdog-ology" haha.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
freebird you know thats not a bad idea and the "Bigdog-ology" wouldn't be a bad name for it:lmao:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Acepilot, no that is not a JD. What you see is a yardman that my neighbor gave me. the carb float had stuck and flooded the crank with oil. I put a fuel shutoff in line and cleaned the carb. I mowed with it until a spindle gave out. Now it is used for pulling the green wagon around the ranch. I also mounted a cb and a stereo on it. Go back to the llink. i just uploaded 3 pics of it. The JD I do have is just out of the picture, it's a LT133 and also an old RX73.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cool!

Now that has got to be the coolest Yardman I have EVER seen! Stereo, speakers AND RADIO COMMUNICATIONS! I might have to try an put one of my ham radios on my Farmall....and with a big huge antenna to boot! :eek:mg:
Would you like to trade your Cub & mower for a John Deere STX38 that has less than 100 hours total time?
:furious:
I didn't think so, but thought I would ask!

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well i have to say thats the first LT that i have seen with a radio and CB on it:D

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Acepilot:

I should see if I can find a way to hang my FT101-E off of my Cub!

Oh, I am VE9RHS - Dxing is the best!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well well, seems we have a few hams out here. My call is N7LRG. On Saturday I made contact with W9IMS (club station for Indy Motor Speedway). Then i went out and worked on a wiring harness for my rear light on the cub.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Nice to be able to get a bit of both hobbies in on the same day!

I have to redo my TH-33JR - ice storm took down the elements. Gonna wait for my bil to bring his 100 foot crane - that way I don't have to climb 65 feet! Need to do the dipoles and vertical as well.

Just redid all the antennas three years ago, then the co-ax two years ago and the radios last year. Looks like I gotta start over. With luck I can be up again soon.

Oh, just as an aside I used to be VE3NVQ, and operated as VE8CFS for almost 2 years while posted to Inuvik and of course VE8RCS - CFS Alert for two 6 month tours back in 77 and 82. Top of the world!

Last trip even had a QSO with KC4AAA Scott Base from Alert - North Pole to South Pole. At that time we were having our Sundown Festival and they were having their SunRise Festival - both stations having BBQ's and BeerBall! Was a great day, and probably one of the longest distance QSO's on terra firma.

Kind of looking forward to doing some more dxing and island chasing!

73s

1 - 19 of 19 Posts