Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a picture of my barn cats...I got them from the farmer I buy my pig feed from...they're about 6 months old...I think I'll call the gold male Sylvester and the Calicos' name will be Tabby....:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Healthy looking mouse catchers Argee.

When my grandparents had a farm, the cats seem to circulate around from the neighboring farms. They tended to go wherever the food was the best. Sometimes we would have and extra one or two for a few days. Other times several would be missing for a few days and we'd see them next door. The good part was they where self replenishing. We'd find a litter of new ones in the straw on a regular basis. They were apparently getting more than just food while at the neighbors. :D

Mark

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by memmurphy
Healthy looking mouse catchers Argee.

When my grandparents had a farm, the cats seem to circulate around from the neighboring farms. They tended to go wherever the food was the best. Sometimes we would have and extra one or two for a few days. Other times several would be missing for a few days and we'd see them next door. The good part was they where self replenishing. We'd find a litter of new ones in the straw on a regular basis. They were apparently getting more than just food while at the neighbors. :D

Mark
Mark,

My grandparents also had many farm cats. Only one was allowed in the house. I have a vivid memory from when I was a kid of a very large tomcat who would occasionally emerge from a wooded area where a creek was. He was a huge tanned short-hair with a head the size of a softball. One ear was permanently bent down and he had numerous scars. He was extremely skittish and you could not get close to him.

I wish I could have taken a picture of the old warrior. :)

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Originally posted by Argee
Heres a picture of my barn cats...I got them from the farmer I buy my pig feed from...they're about 6 months old...I think I'll call the gold male Sylvester and the Calicos' name will be Tabby....:D
These guys dont go to the slaughter house right? :furious:

Duc

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: My Barn Cats

Originally posted by ducati996
These guys dont go to the slaughter house right? :furious:

Duc
Heavens No:eek: These guys have a specific purpose, to catch and eat mice as part of their dietary supplement. I got them because I opened the drawer of my toolbox last winter and I was confronted by a family of disgruntled mice. Disgruntled because I had opened the door and disturbed their happy home...Needless to say as I evicted them, I vowed to get me a couple of cats to keep the playing field even.:D

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Re: Re: Re: My Barn Cats

Originally posted by MowHoward2210
His handle is "Argee" not Hong Kong Phooey. :D

You should see his other thread regarding Wilbur the pig from Charolettes webs...or the latest horro flick "blood on satans claw"
:furious: :furious: :furious:

I had to ask if it was a pet or a feast...:eek:mg:

Ducati

1 - 8 of 8 Posts