Tractor Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dern my 1700 has a dent in seat where they pulled a tree on it. Left rear fender buckled at bottom where they was bush hog and backing up into edge of blackberry the bush hog was pushed up an back the pin came out and blade hit the tire - luckly- or it would of killed the boy.
Tire tube beat the rim out and blades.
Youngins not paying attention. Blow out patch wouldn't work on that hole . Ha ha

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Rusted out battery tray. I've never fabricated before, but I was pretty happy with the way the new tray turned out. I bought a Harbor Freight 30" metal brake to do the job.
At the time, I didn't have a spot welder, so I used a wire feed welder.

Rectangle Wood Gas Automotive exterior Metal

Rusted battery tray.
Table Wood Rectangle Gas Automotive exterior

Comparing the tray....

Blue Tree Automotive tire Plant Wood

Test fitting to make sure it's level, not welded yet.

Blue Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Wood

pre-weld comparison

Blue Automotive tire Road surface Wood Asphalt

Tin Rectangle Gas Gadget Composite material

Welded to the vertical brackets. A change was made somewhere between 1979 and 1982. The tray on the 82 sits right down on the frame, which also helps to rust out the lower front hood quicker. I did notice the battery sitting up higher, blocks the radiator on the 79. The 82 also has a taller radiator.

Wheel Blue Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Plant Gas

Painted and installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dern my 1700 has a dent in seat where they pulled a tree on it. Left rear fender buckled at bottom where they was bush hog and backing up into edge of blackberry the bush hog was pushed up an back the pin came out and blade hit the tire - luckly- or it would of killed the boy.
Tire tube beat the rim out and blades.
Youngins not paying attention. Blow out patch wouldn't work on that hole . Ha ha
.I can't say a thang.In my years of tractoring I done tore up a lot of stuff.Brothers in laws daddy told me he named his boy wrong .Should of called him Tare Up.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts