Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My inbred, rat faced, mule brained, spam sucking trailer trash, mutant neighbors took all my peaches. ALL of them! It was the first real crop since I planted the trees 5 years ago, and my family was so looking forward to enjoying a peach pie from our own trees. I'd like to shoot them but it's been a few hundred years since that was allowed. I try to be a good Christian and believe in forgiveness, but I seem to be having to forgive these trolls every day for something. If I could afford to move, I would, but for the forseeable future I'm stuck here. Sorry for venting , but maybe those of you with cooler, clearer heads can offer some suggestions besides the mindless revenge filled violence that keeps popping in my head. :argh: :argh:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Joe, if you saw them do it or have solid proof that they did it; call the sheriff and swear out a warrant for trespassing and theft. I am sure the headache, cost, and hastle it will cause them will serve as a future reminder to stay off your property and save you from shooting them. :D ;)

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
wow what an a-hole.. you grow the tree and take care of it and they pull ALL the peaches? i can see asking you to try one but all of them.. serious.. i know you cant shoot them but how about a nice rotwieller or doberman....

to keep their white trash asses where they belong..

is this the drug dealing neighbors? time for a digital camera im sure the sherrif might appreciate some captured drug footage...

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
WHAT?!?!?!

That is why I have 4 German Shepards. I call it crowd control.
I cannot believe the nerve. He probably figured that you weren't going to do anything about it. What proof do you have that he stole your peaches? I would follow Chief's advice and put an end to this difficult neighborly problem right away with the involvement of the authorities. While taking a couple peaches isn't going to cause any real problems (with permission) this guy needs to have a stout can of Whoop A$$ opened upon him for this ridiculous behaviour. Did you bring this issue to his attention yet? What are your plans?

Keep us posted.
Andy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I'm with sj get a mean ass dog and next year tie him to the tree.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Shoot out their windows when they're not home! Nobody could prove it was you and maybe they'll get the message. Just a thought. I'll probably come up with something better later on.

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've tried to deal with them before with absolutly no success. My other good neighbors have tried as well. The police have been there many times for many things for several of the family mambers, and yet it goes on. I don't have direct proof that it was them, but since I live on a remote dead end road, there aren't many errant passersby to see the tree. The video camera sounds like a possible idea, the motion sensing water sprinkler mentioned in the deer repellant thread has some merit as well. I moved here to get away from the need for high powered spot lights shining all night in the yard, and chain link fencing, but that may be what it will take.

·
Registered
300 Posts
BJ,
Spray the peaches next year on one of the trees with cyanide and see if any of your neighbors croak! If so, then you know which one stole your peaches and you can claim they must have eating the pit which contain it!!;)

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Deerebob,
You think like I do...

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Originally posted by DeereBob
BJ,
Spray the peaches next year on one of the trees with cyanide and see if any of your neighbors croak! If so, then you know which one stole your peaches and you can claim they must have eating the pit which contain it!!;)
HAHAHAHA ---- :D Good one!!! :furious:

Attend any block parties lately, DeereBob?

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Sorry to put it this way, but I would knock on their door and say...

"I noticed someone stole all the peaches from my trees. My wife/kid/daugther/anotherNeighbor/etc told me that it was you. I just wanted to see if there might be any confusion on who's tree's they are"? Or something along those lines.

- So, if you don't confront them, it will happen again.
- If you call the police, you will have a very pissed off neighbor which in some cases... who cares, but that can be a bigger problem.
- If you confront them, it might wake them up enough that they start to show you some *basic* respect... not complete, but at least a little more than you are getting now.
- I don't know the situation, but there are weird cases where it might have been an accident (confused on who's trees they are), a rouge kid and the parents may want to know, or, or, or.

BTW, it's easy to give this kind of opinion hundreds of miles away LOLL

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just a hypothesis here. Where we live people are always setting up roadside fruit stands to make some extra bucks. Are these mutants selling your peaches for profit? You could follow them to see if they are, and then confront them. Heck, you could even buy some of your peaches back and then tell them you're gonna have 'em DNA tested to see if they're yours!

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think there would be much confusion as to whose trees these are as the neighbor lives across the street, and the trees are in front of my house on my side of the street. My Filipina wife could have spit nails, she was so angry. In her culture, stealing food is just below murder and rape. Her village is made of folks that eat what they grow, and will share what little they have if asked, but don't tolerate not being asked real well, since that food gathered at harvest has to last until next harvest. If you remember I mentioned wanting to shoot the neighbors, my wife had a slower more painful death in mind. She and I planted our little 10 tree orchard 5 years ago and have been patiently waiting for the first big harvest. If it was deer or raccoons, there would be some fruit left, and it wouldn't have all disappeared in one night, and there would be pits and pieces on the ground. Since they have stolen before (not from me) in the neighborhood and been caught in the act, plus committed act of vandalism, againcaught in the act, I gotta figure it's them. There is Ma and Pa and 4 teenage spawn aged 20, 18, 17 and 14. The 2 oldest are male and the younger ones are female. The youngest girl when she was 11 years old was dating a 19 year old. The 18 year old boy was caught with a 13 year old girl last year and was arrested, but it got plead down to a fine and community service. The oldest boy has stolen a car and got away with it. Ma and Pa don't work, they both collect a medical disability. These are the kind of folks that made Jerry Springer famous.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
joe they picked all the fruit off of 10 trees? that would have to take some balls... how many peaches are you talking? hundreds? that would have taken some time too... but unless you had a herd of animals.. i dont know if they'd pick 10 trees clean...

just seems that picking 10 trees clean on the front of your house is pretty 'daring'

good luck with the bastards..

something for us to be thankful for...
we dont live on joe's street...

somethnig for us all to be pissed about...
we all are paying all of their way through life.....

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Opps! My little orchard is 10 dwarf trees but only 3 are peaches, 3 apples, 3 pears and a cherry tree. And yep 3 trees picked clean, probably a big basket full.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts