Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend sent me a link to this page. The creator of this page seems to have really done his homework to pin down the origins of Murphy's law. Rather amusing how it came about.

The Fastest Man on Earth

As far as I know I'm not related to him. Though sometimes I wonder.:D

Mark

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Great stuff, Mark! I'm only half way through it and will have to finish it tomorrow (have to get up early). I like reading about those pioneering aviation days where the breakthrough designs were accomplished with slide rules and paper and without the aid of supercomputers. The brave test pilots also played a huge role.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I finished reading Mark's link. It's not only a really interesting story, but also a fascinating look into an unsung hero, John Stapp. I hope some of you guys get a chance look at this link. Well worth the time to read through the stories.

One more thing, John Stapp was the "fastest" man on earth, not the "fattest". ;)

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oops! I fixed it, my brain and fingers lose sync occasionally. He probably would not have been the fastest if he was the fatest.:D

Mark

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by memmurphy
Oops! I fixed it, my brain and fingers lose sync occasionally. He probably would have not been the fastest if he was the fatest would he?:D

Mark
If he was, our seatbelts would be 8 inches wide!:lmao:

·
john-in-ga
609 Posts
I too want to add my thanks for the link. Somehow I had never thought that the Laws were named after a real person. Also never knew we owe so much to John Stapp. His research has certainly saved many lives and probably he has not been recognized properly for that, nor the pesonal risk he took while doing it.

While I’m still not sure I should be forced to wear a seat belt, just informed of the risk of not doing so, I’m slowly beginning to cotton up to the idea and of course wear mine when traveling in the car. In my state one is not required to wear one in a pickup truck. (It’s a small quirk in Georgia law put in by a politician who didn’t want to have to wear a seat belt.)

Don’t mean to take anything away from memmurphy’s thunder but I’m taking the liberty of including the link below just in case someone monitoring this board has never had the pleasure of being exposed to Murphy’s Laws.

Some of Murphy's Laws

:cpu:

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your welcome guys. :)

Thanks to John-in-Ga for your link!:thumbsup:
They must have every law on the books.:lmao:

Mark

·
Premium Member