Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a K3A (3 cylinders). I would like to remove the injector pump for a rebuild. I removed the four bolts on the pump, and the pump is loose ready to be pulled out of the engine block. The manual says I need to remove the side cover of the pump to disengage the tie rod from the pump's rack before the pump is totally free - I removed the four bolts on the side cover (2x2 inches, aluminum), but the side cover seems to still fused to the engine block. I tapped it with a rubber hammer hard enough, but it did not budge. I used a thin screw driver trying to work around the edges of the side cover but to no avail. I am wondering if I missed another bolt or pin somewhere. If anyone has a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate.
-hugh

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
If it’s the pump I’m thinking it is.. there’s a cut out in the engine block that allows the pumps control rack to pass thru.. and the rack HAS TO be in a certain position..
If it has an electric shut off on it, the solenoid HAS TO b removed 1st..
THATS VERY IMPORTANT..

Google Kubota injection pump removal.
There r some really good videos of the pump removal.. if it’s the 1 I’m thinking about..
I’m available to o/h that pump and injectors.. if u like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Master Inj. pump rebuilder, thanks for your quick reply. I will seek for your helps with the rebuilding once I get the pump out.
-hugh

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Did you ever get the pump out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts