Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK volcano buffs, Here are some links for Mt. St. Helens.

www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

Good interesting info about the volcano right here in the lower 48 states.turtle

I edited this as the 2nd link did not work.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Hey, it's dark out there just like here. :D

Thanks for the link. I'm adding it to my bookmark folder with the other links that you and Greg sent me.

Mark

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured you would enjoy it and thought everyone else can see them in its own thread. For the rest here are some links from the local tv stations who are doing a yeomans job on reporting about Mt. St. Helens.

www.komotv.com
loads fastest without a lot of graphics.

www.kirotv.com
loads a little slower has a higher graphics, Probably has better pictures and slightly better reporting of the mountain.

www.king5.com
You have to register to view everything (free) has the best graphics and pictures of the 3 major stations.

www.seattlepi.com
local newspaper average reporting and average graphics.

www.seattletimes.com
2nd local paper and the better of the 2 big local newspapers.

I am hoping Greg adds some links and really covers the local news end of the volcano.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Originally posted by Michael
Mount St. Helens is still active and has been building a massive Lava Dome in the crater. Just click on the link to the Seattle Times that I have as a attachment. Interesting article.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002096455_volcano20m.html
Far be it from me to inject a bit of humor in what could be an impending natural disaster!!

But could it just be a Liberal reaction to the knowledge that WA. State just elected a Republican Governor :question:

Perhaps they just learned that I helped feed their starving Elk!
Or on several occasions Participated in rescue operations removing hapless mountain climbers from your Beautiful mountains!!

Seriously I sincerely hope it quites down and goes dormant!

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Thanks for the update.

The scientists walking on the dome to do research must have the nerves of a mine sweeper. :eek:mg:

Mark

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Originally posted by memmurphy
Thanks for the update.

The scientists walking on the dome to do research must have the nerves of a mine sweeper. :eek:mg:

Mark
Let's not forget the D/A Pilot that lands them there!! Just a point from my side!!:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Archdean
Far be it from me to inject a bit of humor in what could be an impending natural disaster!!

But could it just be a Liberal reaction to the knowledge that WA. State just elected a Republican Governor :question:

Perhaps they just learned that I helped feed their starving Elk!
Or on several occasions Participated in rescue operations removing hapless mountain climbers from your Beautiful mountains!!

Seriously I sincerely hope it quites down and goes dormant!
I to am hoping this goes back to be dormant. we had folks who lost their lives in 1980 when this volcano last blew her top and that was the last time we elected a Republican into the Governors Mansion. BTW there is a recount and we still do not know who are gov is and probably will not know until Wednesday at least if not later as it was less then 260 vote difference and after that a manual recount then can be requested as long as the side requesting it pays for it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:smoking:

I have been watching that web-cam page daily for over a month and today it is visible for the first time in a few days. The last couple of days the bottom of the mountain was only visible with a lot of snow. Try looking at it at night and if the weather is clear you can see a big red glow in the crater.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
"Perhaps they just learned that I helped feed their starving Elk!
Or on several occasions Participated in rescue operations removing hapless mountain climbers from your Beautiful mountains!!"

Who were you flying for? When was this? Cascades or Olympics? What kind of aircraft? Sounds interesting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts