Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a new product I came across. Some of you have asked about treating the underside of your mower decks to prevent or minimize grass build up. Here is a product that addresses this problem. I have never used it but thought I would pass along the info.

StayClean

·
Registered
207 Posts
That's the first I've heard of that brand. It looks good. I have used MO-Deck and I've found it to be as good as advertised.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may try something like this or maybe even this product but so far I just remove the deck and pressure wash it. After it drys I shoot it with spray paint to coat any exposed metal.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Now maybe I am doing something difrent, but I almost NEVER get any build up. Only thing I ever get is at the end of the year, there is a little buildup in the corners, but thats it. Is it my grass? or just tha way I mow?

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Have you spoken with them about sending samples or advertising here, Chiefy? I spoke to MO-DECK in the past and he only wanted free advertising --- HAHA ---

Andy

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by Ingersoll444
Now maybe I am doing something difrent, but I almost NEVER get any build up. Only thing I ever get is at the end of the year, there is a little buildup in the corners, but thats it. Is it my grass? or just tha way I mow?
do you only cut when its real dry paul? i get lots of buildup... if the grass is at all damp.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by admin
Have you spoken with them about sending samples or advertising here, Chiefy? I spoke to MO-DECK in the past and he only wanted free advertising --- HAHA ---

Andy
Yeah, I tried these guys too Andy. Got the standard no reply response. I may go back again latter when grass cutting season is here and try them again.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
do you only cut when its real dry paul? i get lots of buildup... if the grass is at all damp.
Well last year it never stipped raining, so when I got around to mowing, it was like two ft tall and REAL wet. Got clumps.BIG clumps, but no sticking grass. BIGGGGGGGGG clumps though:D Maybe it's becouse I NEVER clean my decks during the year. Kinda builds up a hard candy shell under there.:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by Ingersoll444
Well last year it never stipped raining, so when I got around to mowing, it was like two ft tall and REAL wet. Got clumps.BIG clumps, but no sticking grass. BIGGGGGGGGG clumps though:D Maybe it's becouse I NEVER clean my decks during the year. Kinda builds up a hard candy shell under there.:D :D :D

Oh guess it could be all the rocks, and sticks I mow also.:D :eek: :D THAT could do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts