Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well theres some new news and pics from Mars..

heres the link..

mars rovers

i gotta say.. Kuddos to NASA on those little things... we were all sort of laughing about it 6 months ago and saying what a colossal waste of money they were...
Well maybe they are a waste of money.. but you gotta give them credit.. they are still going at least...

impressive..

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Now if we could just solve some domestic problems --- man the world would be a pretty place. Is it not strange that we can afford to spend 30B dollars manipulating a couple of go-karts with handycams on Mars to look for rocks and water deposits but we cannot solve most of the problems on Earth or even in our own country? Could this 30B not be used to reduce our dependancy upon fossil fuels and use it as a stipend to offset R&D and energy conversion costs for the hundreds of millions of cars in the US? At the end of the day we have pictures of Mars and we are still in the same condition on Earth. Might make sense to some, but not to me.

Andy

·
Registered
211 Posts
I agree with you Andy, but I think we should keep on space exploration. The NASA budget is overall a very small portion of the federal budget, 15 billion annually or thereabouts. I read somewhere that more money is spent paying some farmers (probably corporate farms) not to grow stuff. I think that we could trim other total wastes such as the government bureaucracies which take forever to get things done and waste a lot of money in the process. NASA happens to be one of those agencies that wast a lot of money, but overall I support their exploration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts