Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got a little work done on my little MTD tiller this eavning. First checked to see what was up with the drive belt. The tines always turned when ever the motor did. Turns out my BIL tosted the belt and replaced it with one "just a little too small" Ya right. Was not on the idealer at all, and streched as tight as cold be between the motor, and tine pulley.

After I cut that belt off, I checked it all over, changed the oil, put in fresh gas, and she fired on the second pull.:D

Now for my problem. I need a belt. NOONE in my area has one in stock, and I REALY want to do a little tilling this weekend. Does anyone have a parts book for this tiller, or know what size the belt is, so I can find one somewere else???

It is a MTD Yardman tiller. model# 216-035-302

Any help would be AWSOME!!! I realy want to get this working this weekend. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I think I found the MTD # for the belt. Part # 954-0216. Stil can;t find the size though. Anyone have any idea what size that will cross to?

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey I lucked out. The autopart store I deal with at work had a cross refence book on L&G belts. Gave then the MTD number, and crossed it to a Gates bet. AND they had it in stock, AND my cost was half of what the online places wanted,:D :D

Probably will not have time to work on it tonight, I am stuck working till 8:mad: :mad: but should get to fr. Project start to finish in less then a week. Thats a record.:)

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats great Paul now you can till up your garden and get those veggies planted
Jody.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by jodyand
Thats great Paul now you can till up your garden and get those veggies planted
Jody.
Ya. I got the big tiller for my 444, but I have not gotten that back together yet:eek: :eek: . Looks like the first till will be with the little guy.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well got the belt on last night. Had about 5 min of work to do it. You know that guy pisses me off. My sister, and BIL borrows the tiller from my Mom, the thing is almost new, tears it apart, blows the belt, puts the WRONG one back on, brakes a bracket at the same time, we have to fight for months to get it back, and I finly have to go there and get in myself, fence wire all wrapped around the tines. :mad: :mad: drives me crazy.

I got about 1/2 hour in fixing it up. Still have to fix the tiny bracket he busted. $5 for the RIGHT belt, and 2/3 bottle of oil. THATS IT. OH and about half the bolts are scrap bolts. WTF happand to all the ones that WERE on it??????? AUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
The Red Green quote "If it aint broke, your not trying." comes to mind. :lmao:

Some people are best to stay away from anything mechanical.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by memmurphy

Some people are best to stay away from anything mechanical.

Mark
Yup, and some people you loan NOTHING to.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it working, and tilled up all the garden I could. Worked good for a small tiny tiller. :thumbsup:

Here's a shot of it..... runs good as new

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
WOW! That's not even full grown yet! I've been running a Troy-Bilt horse for so long that I forgot that there were little ones out there. Glad to hear you got it running, sorry to hear about your brother in law.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Paul, we get a lot of salvage tractor from guys like your B-I-L.:rolleyes: As one guy put "some people could break a crow-bar!" It's a real shame to see a good piece of machinery detroyed by an idjut!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts