Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer the Mitsubishi overheated while Bush hogging. Let it cool down in field and poured water into the radiator. Noted water was coming out below tractor. Tractor has not been started since. I assumed the issue was a hose or water pump.
I filled radiator with water last weekend and it has held the water.

Ideas on how to track the issue?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Ah, your machine is not a gray market. You can post in the Mitsubishi sub-forum and get a better response. :)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Last summer the Mitsubishi overheated while Bush hogging. Let it cool down in field and poured water into the radiator. Noted water was coming out below tractor. Tractor has not been started since. I assumed the issue was a hose or water pump.
I filled radiator with water last weekend and it has held the water.

Ideas on how to track the issue?
OK, from the information provided, when the tractor engine was hot and you added fluid, it leaked. Hoses can go SOFT and bad over time. Inspect the hoses. There are YT vids to show how to do that.

Now, filling with ANY water is really BAD for a machine. Tap water will have salts, minerals and other things a cooling system will hate. In fact, tap water will cause RUST in a cooling system. :eek: So, drain out the fluid and refill with distilled water or RO water. Or just use the Prestone 50/50 pre-mix for ANY vehicle.

Has the machine been sitting out in the field in all sorts of weather? Critters like finding a nice home like that. Tractor wires are very tasty to mice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts