Tractor Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I contacted Bill (where I got my manual), he feels and I agree, mine is an adapter plate.
I think, as the FEL was fitted aftermarket, they could have ditched the relief valve housing, replaced with that adapter plate, and the "new" relief valve function is now part of the FEL controls. I will investigate the FEL controls next, its an Australian built FEL so should be able to get some answers next week.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
OK, so I topped up the oil, and it did need more than I expected, maybe a good litre went into it.
I did the cycling through rear up, down, then FEL up, curl, dump, lower several times, FINALLY the rear hydraulics do lift. Quite slow, but yay they lift. When lowering they drop without any resistance at all for a few inches, then under their own weight but with hydraulic resistance. I can then raise them again but is slower the second time, then wont raise at all. If I turn the tractor off, I can raise the rears again same as previous, but it only raises close to "normally" once, then again it drops off until it wont budge.
I'm getting no movement from FEL at all, but will contact the FEL manufacturer right now and see if there is a valve or somewhere to prime/bleed that controller/lever.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
The FEL manufacturer no longer exists, so I'm going to start pulling the control lever apart, cover for starters, and work from there. Pretty happy to at least have movement from rear hydraulics! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The FEL manufacturer no longer exists, so I'm going to start pulling the control lever apart, cover for starters, and work from there. Pretty happy to at least have movement from rear hydraulics! :)
Hey I spoke to you today about this on the phone, after seeing the photos I think the tractor is older than what I thought. At this age it should be a closed centre system (not open (power beyond) like I told you). The photo showing the 2 hoses coming from the adaptor plate that go to the valve is the giveaway. A closed centre system has 2 hoses where an open centre will have 3 hoses to the valve. A closed centre system supplies pressure to each system until its required (the oil doesn't move through the valve all the time).

To me it sounds like its making pressure when you first start it and then the oil has nowhere to go as the FEL and rear hyd are used. Since the issue is effecting all systems it should be something like a blocked hyd return filter, or faulty unloader or main relief valve. Good luck

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Oh thanks Matt!
The hydraulic return filter, I assume it is the main hydraulic oil filter, mine is a long cylindrical filter into the side of the case. I pulled that out last time (and the hyd pump), it wasn't blocked, I gave it a clean and replaced it. After that the hydraulics worked perfectly for a couple of months. This time I found a stuck unloader valve in the control valve under the seat, cleaned it thoroughly so it very freely moved, no issue. Reassembled, case cover reassembled, topped up hydraulic oil past inspection hole on side of case, everything seemed to go back together well, but no hydraulics. Earlier today I tried the cycling of movement (fel and rears), and rear hydraulics now work (slowly but work). I just watched an Akon video which suggests there is a relief valve in the control lever unit, so I think thats my last point of inspection. I downloaded an Akon user manual but it was in another language! :)
Any chance anyone has a manual for a 2 spool Akon controller in English - so I can service the relief valve?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
or faulty main relief valve.
That's what I want to check. The only Relief Valve appears to be the one on the Akon controller. Can I just pull it apart, taking careful note of any locknuts, stud positions to ensure I don't change the current pressure set?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I've ordered a big box of assorted O rings, will wait till they get here then pull the cover and adapter plate off again, remove the Control valve, check and clean again, replace all O rings touched, and go from there. It might be dodgy O rings, so need to eliminate the obvious. Will update after its back together again :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
My O rings have arrived while I had the Relief Valve of the loader controller in bits. I replaced only one O ring, as I didn't have the correct size for 2 more, but they weren't damaged so not concerned. Relief valve back in, still no hydraulics. Before I pull the gearbox cover off and pull the Control valve out again I checked the flow to the Control Valve (I think). The big banjo nut on the left side of the gearbox (marked in green circle below) DID have oil spurting when I cracked that open (engine running). The other side of the case, which I think comes FROM the Control Valve? did NOT have ANY oil coming out of it when cracked (circled in red). I'm guessing the problem is definitely in the Control Valve?
Motor vehicle Light Automotive exterior Hood Auto part

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Automotive exterior

The adapter plate where the two hoses come out to loader, that adapter plate replaced the tractors Relief Valve. I think the Control Valve is directly under that. I know, I've had it off once, can't be 100% certain, but I think thats where it was :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Hopefully you have finally got the problem narrowed down.
No oil out the other side of the cover (marked red) would indicate its not going through the control valve yes? I didn't try the hydraulics when that nut was cracked open, but I would think oil would be in there under pressure just with the engine on?

Yep, I will pull it apart tomorrow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
Ok, I have found a local mechanic who looked at my Control Valve. Seems fine. I have to check bottom of gearbox, see if theres a blockage on the return line to pump.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I've found a great mechanic who came out and it looks like it is the hydraulic pump (he primed the pump and got hydraulics working, otherwise it was pumping air). Its probably worn inside (seal), so sucking air at certain positions, hence worked after I put it back together the first time, but then didn't another couple months later. This is my pump, KYB GP1-20AVX. The part number in a parts book says part number 1996 2353 000 (not 100% sure that's my pump). Is this KYB GP1-20AVX the same as part number 1996 2353 000?
I found a pump online using that part number, and found this one - is this the same pump as mine?
Best Farm Parts - Hydraulic Pump for Mitsubishi D1850, D2050FD, D2350FD, ST1620, ST1640, ST1820, ST1840, ST2320 w/o power steering, ST2340 w/o power steering
Gas Font Auto part Wood Metal

Sleeve Grey Gas Personal protective equipment Auto part

61 - 73 of 73 Posts