Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I bought my used Mitsubishi [edit] D2350 (stickers on it say 2244, but thanks to this site, now know its a D2350) (similar to MT160, MT180), 4WD, 4cyl, 25hp tractor about a year ago. It's been brilliant, but the hydraulics just stopped working a few months ago. I pulled out the hyd filter, dropped the oil, removed the hyd pump.. all seemed fine, put it all back together and when I started it, the hydraulics were working again, perfectly.
About 20hrs of small jobs later, same again, but I noted circumstances, which makes me think it might be a stuck valve. I have no idea where the valve is so hoping I can narrow it down before I pull more off than I need to.
I park it in the shed, and to avoid fumes I shut the engine off, then lower 3pl and fel. About a week after its last use I started it up. The 3PL immediately went to its highest position (by itself I didnt move the lever), and the tractor stalled. I then lowered the 3PL, and was able to start it again, but no upward movement in either the FEL or 3PL, just down until they were on the ground. I waited a day hoping a stuck valve might free itself but no change, so now I want to locate the relief/pressure? valve, check if it is stuck? Photo after I removed the seat, I am guessing marked "1" is hopefully where the valve is? The other numbers marked are possibles? The 3PL lever at bottom of photo. "3" is the hyd flow lever, can be high to low flow (hyd locked).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
PS, sorry I posted this in another section too, have asked the admin to delete the other post as I couldn't find a delete the post option. I hadn't seen there was a Mitsubishi section.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Actually you machine may be more related to the Mt1401 being a 4-cly.

On the site here, we have a RESOUCE MANAGER section that hosts several of the manuals. In those, you may understand what is the relief valve location. ;)

Reactions: JillMitsi2244

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually you machine may be more related to the Mt1401 being a 4-cly.

On the site here, we have a RESOUCE MANAGER section that hosts several of the manuals. In those, you may understand what is the relief valve location. ;)
Thank you! I will check it out!

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
You have a bit of a dilemma there, #1 and #2 shows a joined pipe and I believe this is the oil drain from the lift cylinder when the 3 point is lowered, no relief valve under those banjo bolts. #3 is the speed control for the lowering of an implement.

#4 I wouldn't hazard a guess unless I could look at a diagram, the fact that the hydraulics raised and loaded up the hydraulic pump and this then stalled the engine when you started the engine suggests that the lift spool is the problem and that you now get no response from the draft control lever when pushed forward or pulled back to the lift position, when this happened, was the draft control lever in the lift or lower position??, it is possible that maybe a pin that connects the lever shaft to the spool valve has dropped out and the spool is now in the lower position, so you wont get a response when in this position.

I had a look for a manual on this site, but wasn't successful, so I will try further afield, I am sorry to say, you will most likely have to remove the top cover to fix your problem, does the loader work at all in this situation?.

When you say you removed the oil filter, was this a strainer that bolts into the side of the transmission and the supply line comes off of that and goes to the hydraulic pump??.

You have a nice tractor there, shame about the problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for replying! I looked for the manual on this site too, no luck. It's def 4cyl, diesel, 4wd. I will go and get another photo of front today, maybe better to identify it properly first, might help. The stickers say 2244
You have a bit of a dilemma there, #1 and #2 shows a joined pipe and I believe this is the oil drain from the lift cylinder when the 3 point is lowered, no relief valve under those banjo bolts. #3 is the speed control for the lowering of an implement.

#4 I wouldn't hazard a guess unless I could look at a diagram, the fact that the hydraulics raised and loaded up the hydraulic pump and this then stalled the engine when you started the engine suggests that the lift spool is the problem and that you now get no response from the draft control lever when pushed forward or pulled back to the lift position, when this happened, was the draft control lever in the lift or lower position??, it is possible that maybe a pin that connects the lever shaft to the spool valve has dropped out and the spool is now in the lower position, so you wont get a response when in this position.

I had a look for a manual on this site, but wasn't successful, so I will try further afield, I am sorry to say, you will most likely have to remove the top cover to fix your problem, does the loader work at all in this situation?.

When you say you removed the oil filter, was this a strainer that bolts into the side of the transmission and the supply line comes off of that and goes to the hydraulic pump??.

You have a nice tractor there, shame about the problem.
I found this tractor list, mine doesn't seem to match any of them.
Mitsubishi
The lever was in mid position when I first started it, but it went up to high by itself (and tractor stalled).
The fel was working (started to lift so i can reverse out of shed), but tractor stalled before I got it into gear. Then I noticed the rear implement right up high (and lever up). I always lower 3pl and fel when its parked. The lever has very little resistance, so possible a pin could have fallen out, but that wouldn't effect the fel? (No fel either). It also wouldnt explain how hydraulics worked after I pulled the hyd filter out (long cylinder on left lower side engine) and hyd pump, put them back, replaced the oil and did nothing else, hydraulics were working perfectly for a few weeks. Now they've stopped again.

The lift spool sounds like my target. I just need to find it or a a manual! :)

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
"The lever was in mid position when I first started it, but it went up to high by itself (and tractor stalled)."

Are you saying the ""actual draft lever"" moved to the raised position when the tractor started and then stalled the engine??, if this is the case, then something has possibly come adrift under the transmission cover.

Are there any connection links (draft control) coming from the top lift arm area to the draft control or to the transmission housing?.

What country did you buy the tractor from?, I may have to google that for information.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I didn't see it move, but it went to the highest position. I only realised after the tractor stalled, the rear implement was at its highest position. Then I lowered it and was able to restart the engine, but no lift from either the fel or 3pl from then on.
Now I'm second guessing myself, could I have lifted it up without realising. Now I can't be 100% certain.
I'll go and check for any loose pins on the lever linkage and take some better photos to identify the model.

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
In your second photo above, when you shifted the draft control lever against the top stop (wing nut and bolt), did this stall the engine previously?.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Hi everyone, I bought my used Mitsubishi 2244 (similar to MT160, MT180), 4WD, 4cyl, 25hp tractor about a year ago.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Grab the PDF out of this message thread. Look up the engine types and see if any of those match your tractor's engine plate.

Reactions: JillMitsi2244

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you saying the ""actual draft lever"" moved to the raised position when the tractor started and then stalled the engine??, if this is the case, then something has possibly come adrift under the transmission cover.
I thought so, but now I can't be 100% certain :(
Are there any connection links (draft control) coming from the top lift arm area to the draft control or to the transmission housing?.
I just went out to look, didnt appear so. I took a heap more pictures, will add shortly.
What country did you buy the tractor from?, I may have to google that for information.
Purchased in Australia from an importer. They import from Japan (I believe). They put the new wheels on, fit the new FEL in Japan I think, full service, lick of paint, new clutch, fluids, battery..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In your second photo above, when you shifted the draft control lever against the top stop (wing nut and bolt), did this stall the engine previously?.
No.
But I do recall that a couple of times, when starting the tractor while still warm, the rear hydraulics lifted by themselves on engine startup (without me touching the lever to lift).
I have previously had trouble starting it, and I thought it was hydraulics related (too much pressure, stalling the engine), but now I give it more throttle on the dash lever and I haven't had that problem for several months.

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
what type of outlet connection do you have on the hydraulic pump?, if this is a hose type connection, you need to loosen this a bit and wrap some rag around the connection and start the engine just to see if the pump is actually working before you pull the transmission cover, so a quick start and a quick shut down once you see the oil spurting through the rag.

If you are happy that the pump is working, then don't try this, just a check, that's all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went through all the pump diagnostics last time. Cracked the banjo bolt up near the gearbox shifter and yes had oil coming out. Pulled the pump off, filter off, put all back together and it worked, but no problems were found. I don't think it was the pump then, or now, which is why I want to find a valve or pressure relief valve that might be stuck (last time but free'd itself, this time hasn't).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Grab the PDF out of this message thread. Look up the engine types and see if any of those match your tractor's engine plate.

Great. I will have to go and get an engine number to confirm my model. I'll just upload some pictures I have then go and get it.

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
No.
But I do recall that a couple of times, when starting the tractor while still warm, the rear hydraulics lifted by themselves on engine startup (without me touching the lever to lift).
I have previously had trouble starting it, and I thought it was hydraulics related (too much pressure, stalling the engine), but now I give it more throttle on the dash lever and I haven't had that problem for several months.
If you were to lower the 3 point after finishing work and parking up and then moving the draft control to say midway after the engine had stopped, when you next start the engine, the 3 point will lift to the setting of the draft control lever, if the lever is set for right down, then nothing should lift, this makes me think there is a linkage problem under the cover.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
View attachment 73983
View attachment 73984 View attachment 73985 View attachment 73986

I'll go and find an engine number after I find out where to find it :)
That PDF should help you find it. ;) Check the frame rail and on the engine. Some have an ID plate and others are just stamped.

There is a slew of info that Ed put into it. I only added about 25% content. Sad to know that Ed passed on. He did leave a legacy for Mitsubishi and Satoh owners in the English speaking countries.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Because of the guards around the engine I couldn't find any number or ID plate. I did find "0008 2 " near the dipstick, and "100807" near the clutch peddle. I will do some more reading before pulling off the guards to find an ID plate .

1 - 20 of 72 Posts