Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, need help, acquired a mitsu tractor needing clutch. The decals show d2050fd, but is has a 3 cylinder diesel. Any help to discern the closest sister model would be appreciated, or where i can find engine info. I looked on the pinned post but did not come across anything consistent. Thanks in advance.
Bumper Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Auto part

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tractor Agricultural machinery
Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Hood Light Motor vehicle

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Front wheels look like they been turned around.....Does it steer hard?

Somehow that looks much newer than the typical Mitsus I've seen .

Is this a newer import?
Power Steering?
Just got the tractor yesterday. The wheels do look swapped around. Steers fine, yes power steering. I still think its late 70's or early 80's, when it stops raining i will check the wheels for stamps for some type of year

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at the link, but it shows a 4 cylinder engine.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New to the forum, need help, acquired a mitsu tractor needing clutch. The decals show d2050fd, but is has a 3 cylinder diesel. Any help to discern the closest sister model would be appreciated, or where i can find engine info. I looked on the pinned post but did not come across anything consistent. Thanks in advance. View attachment 84379
View attachment 84380 View attachment 84381
I tried to get a hold of valley products today, and saw a picture of the same tractor. Valley is closing their doors due to the death of the owner a couple of weeks ago.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Japanese stickers are an indicator that you have a gray market tractor. One type of gray market tractor is a used tractor (from Japan) that has been refurbished to look like new, shipped to the US, and sold cheap. It seems strange that they put a smaller (3 cylinder) engine in your 2050 tractor, but the stickers apparently explain what was done. Nothing underhanded.
I'll recheck when i get home from work, i just glanced at it last night. I dont feel slighted, I'm absolutely golden for what i have in the tractor. Just trying to make sure i use all the resources i can find for manuals and parts. I think i may have to pull the clutch to match up the pressure plate.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Japanese stickers are an indicator that you have a gray market tractor. One type of gray market tractor is a used tractor (from Japan) that has been refurbished to look like new, shipped to the US, and sold cheap. It seems strange that they put a smaller (3 cylinder) engine in your 2050 tractor, but the stickers apparently explain what was done. Nothing underhanded.
[/QUOTE

so.... i'm an idiot. can't explain how i missed the 4th cylinder..... my eyeballs confirmed 4 cylinder. I cant think up a reason why i was so severely mistaken. I did see 1320 stamped next to the fuel lines.😅

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so.... i'm an idiot. can't explain how i missed the 4th cylinder..... my eyeballs confirmed 4 cylinder. I cant think up a reason why i was so severely mistaken. I did see 1320 stamped next to the fuel lines.😅

1 - 8 of 8 Posts