Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a Moline U tractor . It appears to be in good shape , the owner says it has not run in a few years . It has been stored in a shed . The problem is that I suffered a stroke several years ago . I never regained full use of my right arm . That tractor has a hand clutch on the right side , no foot clutch . Is it possible to convert that to a foot clutch ? Even if it would have to be on the right side . Either way would work for me .
Thank you
Albert N.

·
Super Moderator
9,522 Posts
I was looking at mine yesterday and thought the same thing John. It is a bit busy already on the left side, but would be worth a shot as opposed to converting to a foot clutch.
Maybe the best choice would be to look for a different tractor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would be very complicated to do as the hand clutch locks in by going over center.

What is probably very doable however is to move the clutch lever(thru linkage) to the left side.
Thank you for your comment , but I will be buying another tractor instead with a foot clutch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking at mine yesterday and thought the same thing John. It is a bit busy already on the left side, but would be worth a shot as opposed to converting to a foot clutch.
Maybe the best choice would be to look for a different tractor.
Thank you , I will be buying a different tractor .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts