Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
new

I can't even play with it yet .The 220 plug I have has the wrong socket.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
backside

Here is a shot of the wirefeed set up..:money:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
REAL NICE Slip! :thumbsup: Definitely gets a big "Tim the Toolman Taylor" grunt! When can we come over and play with it? :smiles: :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
plans

I have a couple of stick welders this is a step up for me. There is a plan afoot for a unique tractor that I am going to build. As the "PLAN" gets further along I will begin a tread about it. For now just let me say it will be a one of a kind Farmall.
Here is my favorite feature of this welder. Also got an autodarken Miller helmet with all the bells and whistles,will post pictures .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I needed something

Had to spend my Superbowl winnings on something.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
second gun

I also have a handy spool gun for it that holds a one pound roll for aluminium welding.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mow

The use of my stick welders will be seriously curtailed I am sure.
There are some things that it is just better for,i.e. when you need a pretty weld. For that you can not beat stick welding.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
IIIII LLLLIKE IT can i come over and play you have alot of nice toys.:smiles:
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Forum Members

Originally posted by jodyand
IIIII LLLLIKE IT can i come over and play you have alot of nice toys.:smiles:
Jody
All you guys can come over and play. Just make sure you bring play clothes.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Re: Forum Members

Originally posted by slipshod
All you guys can come over and play. Just make sure you bring play clothes.
Sounds like a plan. If everyone brings a junk, we could do the Junkyard War thing!!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Re: Forum Members

Originally posted by Spike
Sounds like a plan. If everyone brings a junk, we could do the Junkyard War thing!!
Please Please ! no junk I spent the last two years getting rid of the junk that was on the properety. Forty old rusted hulks, and piles of loose scrap, plus old decrepid buildings. I find more every time I turn soil.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Thats a nice unit. Miller makes good machines as does Lincoln. Can't really go wrong with either brand. Just a preference on the color I would gather.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It is not bad enough you have to brag about new toys, you have to go and post pictures as well!!!! That is just wrong!!!:captain:

Just kidding it looks like a handy toy to have around. Unless you are around the wife, it is a necessary piece of equipment to keep up with required maintenance and repair.:money:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Power

Today I made a drop cord for the new welder. Used 6 ga. stranded copper wire. Made the cord 20 feet long. Did my first test welds with it and the new helmet. It is so nice to see where you are starting your weld. Welded two junk brake rotors ,even filled the mounting holes. Machine is very easy to weld with and I am going to build a small trailer for my Cubs as a first welding project. The material for the trailer I have on hand.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Nice machine. I just picked up a Lincoln Power MIG 300 about a month ago. Been wanting a MIG unit for a long while and finally got it. Also been wanting a TIG unit, so now this welder fills both needs.Sure is hard changing back to the stick after using a MIG, but both have their place in a shop. Are you using straight CO2 or 75/25 mix for steel?

Have you tried it on aluminum yet?

Regards

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chipmaker

I am using 75-25 mix ,have not used the machine for anything yet. In the past I have done a lot of welding ,but did not own my own mig until now. Two years ago a friend and myself built an aluminum utility body for a truck. this machine came with a second gun that holds a one pound spool of wire. I plan on using that one for aluminun only.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts