Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
OSU

I'm a big Buckeye fan , but if they don't start playing better than they are right now then Mich is gonna blow them out. It kills me to say it, but I think Mich is the best team in the country right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Durwood, was it Ohio that had the small scat back that looked exceptional last year ? If so, is he the one that got into trouble for falsifying a report about a stereo being stolen from his car? Hope not. He may have been on a different team, I just saw some highlight clips and thought the guy was pretty good, although the little people have a tough time withstanding the battering if they make it to the pros.

·
Registered
674 Posts
That was him!

Yep , that was our star running back. I guess he just don't know how to stay out of trouble. He's gone for at least this year, so i'll be surprised if he stays in school and sticks it out. He got what he deserved, so i guess we'll see what he's really made of.:(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks, what is his name ? I guess some people lack the discipline or character to handle success, as evidenced with so many in nearly all professional sports nowdays. Take the Cowboys (our team :mad: ) Under Tom Landry and Tex Schram, there were a few flakes that had an occasional problem that was quickly dealt with. Then along came "ol skinface Jerry Jones" who thinks he knows a hell of a lot more than he does. For awhile Jimmy Johnson kept things at a pretty high level with the remanants left over from the Tom and Tex era, then Jerry's ego got in the way. He fired Jimmy, hired a series of yes men to stroke his ego, created an atmoshpere something like, wink and nod, look the other way, these are grown men, they do not need rules or discipline and then things went to hell in a handbasket, ala Michael Ervin and a bunch of others who thought dope, rape, assaults etc were acceptable because of who they were.

Good luck to your team, If the guy has not learned his lesson, you will be better off without him in the long run.

·
Registered
674 Posts
OSU

His name is Maurice Clarrett. Yes, fame can make people do funny things. I just hope that people don't just write him off and he decides to make the right decisions from here on out. I think the team is better off without him right now because he became to much of a distraction. Obviously , we don't have another running back of that caliber as witnessed by our lack of running game lately, but it is a team sport and we should win or lose as a team, not one player. I agree with you about Jerry Jones. His ego is ruining the cowboys. I was never a big cowboy fan, but i always had a lot of respect for Tom Landry. He was such a class act. I think when any one person,be it coach or player ,or owner, becomes more of a focus instead of the team, then everyone suffers. Don't even get me started on the Bengals. Mike Brown is a businessman who had a football team handed to him by his daddy. He doesn't know anything about running a football team and as long as he is in control then they are gonna remain the joke of the league. :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts