Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather here has been sunshine, high of 35,very little wind.All in all a beautiful day, for western New York in December.Calling for more of the same Sunday.It is good we get a break for a change.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
48* here in the Seattle area, some drizzle in the morning, even got a bit of sunshine in the afternoon. Quite a change from 60-80mph winds on Thursday and heavy rain yesterday.

Thursday all you could hear was the sound of generators. Yesterday and today you hear the sound of chainsaws and chippers...

Skiers are having a ball in the mountains, 5 resorts within an hour or so from here, but the truckers are having a hard time getting over the I90 summit with the snow and ice at times.

Fall is winding down with still some surprises for us.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Well all my bragging on the weather in my area, has bitten me in the butt I guess. Yesterday it never got above 56 but it was sunny but breezy, and today it was dark dreary and the temp never got above 47 deg. We had 2 days of rai previously to yesterday, and I was hopeing to get all my pinestraw up, so thats what I did yesterday. The ground was still wet, however the leaves and pinestraw were only damp and in some areas it was soaking wet, so I used my homebrewe vac cart, as it has more suction than the Agri Fab. Cleanedup everyting that needed cleaning, and in a way I think vac'ing up debri off wet or damp ground has its advantages. No dust at all. It was really enjoyable. Usually my JD is the color of the sand and dirt when I use it on dry ground, but it did not get any junk on it yesterday. Today I spent the day inside in a sort of semi hibernation in the recliner sucking up the heat from the woodstove, and reading. Supposed to be even colder tomorrow with rain. Well, rain sure beats snow if you ask me. No cellar to flood, and my roofs don't leak so let it rain all it wants to.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
They had predicted 1"-3" of snow for us but we ended up with about .5" rain and a light dusting of snow that quickly melted. It made it to 37 F with a few wind gusts to 30 mph. Maybe I can get some outside decorations up before the next rain, snow, wind event comes through.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
WELL!!! If you must know.............

I have not gotten out the yard stick yet, but I would say I have a good two feet of snow out side. Oh and it is STILL snowing!!!!!!!!!

Can't see the dogs in the yard. You see one pop up once in a wile, thats it.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by Ingersoll444
WELL!!! If you must know.............

I have not gotten out the yard stick yet, but I would say I have a good two feet of snow out side. Oh and it is STILL snowing!!!!!!!!!

Can't see the dogs in the yard. You see one pop up once in a wile, thats it.
I really feel bad for you guys that got snow. I just looked ot the window and I can stll see some grass here and there. Have about 2" packed real nice on the drive, so I'm ready for the big 'un whenever it decides to start. We've had a good run of cold and all the ski resorts are making snow and whining because mother nature isn't helping them. Think I'll go finish putting the blower on.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Don't need a yard stick

We got about 5" or 6" the other day. We had our dealer sales and service seminar at work thursday and friday. The dealers were all wandering if they were going to be able to get back home because of airline delays and cancaellations. A heavy wet snow, last I heard they are talking a chance of snow thru about thursday this week. "LET IT SNOW,LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW":xmas:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finished raking

The leftovers from my tree removal. Thinking about mowing a piece in the back that was left a little long.The sun is shining here and it is calm.Not a lick of snow on the ground.
I am starting to feel really,really bad about the East coast getting all the snow,mostly because I still have yard work to do.The thing I love about a good blanket of snow is that you can't see the stuff you never finished in the fall.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Rake???? Ya rub it in. Snow everywere, and I cant get any of my plows running.:duh: :duh:

here is a shot...........

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
slipshod thats how it is here to about 57 deg sun is shinning short sleeves weather:crazysun: A very nice Sunday.
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
slipshod thats how it is here to about 57 deg sun is shinning short sleeves weather:crazysun: A very nice Sunday.
Jody
Jody,
TSK TSK TSK .....It's to bad you guys don't get any snow at Christmas. It takes on an entirely different look with it. Kinda like a Currier & Ives post card. :smiles:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
That would be nice

Originally posted by Argee
Jody,
TSK TSK TSK .....It's to bad you guys don't get any snow at Christmas. It takes on an entirely different look with it. Kinda like a Currier & Ives post card. :smiles:
That would be nice once in a while but wouldn't want it all the time. Like the weather we have just fine.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Argee

I have to have fun with this while I can. We will get our's,of this I am sure.But for a change I am truely ready for it,not looking forward to it,but at least I can move it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts