Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had to take the manifold off a massey harris 44 to replace it and i broke to studs off....the somehow the tap broke off when dad was taping it, what do we do??!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
the tap you might have to heat it up and drill into it and use a bolt extractor. Taps are made of real strong type of metal. I think anyways. This is what shop teacher taught us.
Ryan

·
Registered
977 Posts
mh take your cutting torch turn up your oxygen pressure heat only the broken tap careful not to get the casting red. when the tap is ready hit the oxygen lever this will blow out the tap. you will have to clean the threads tell your dad to go a little easier on the new tap...:lmao: . worst case you will have to drill it bigger and use a heli coil. be sure you and anyone close are wearing safety glasses as the sparks really fly when doing this.
good luck

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
never got that far yet......to busy with my 33 and dads challenger....there both up and running awsome now...the 44 is next tractor.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i yanked the head off the other night so it will be easier to blow the tap out.....just a waitin for dad to get time to blow it out

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well....the other day dad blew the tap out.....took 5 minuits. the broken off bolt on the other hand, a drill bit wouldnt mark it, and the torch wouldnt blow it out...WHAT NOW...dad is going to try blowing it out again.....cross my fingers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well we got her done and have to grind feed with it since the 1130 took a sh$$ couple months ago

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Well it good that you have it up and running.. could have been all dead in the water MH-33..W/ nothing operating it seems that we can make one work enough to get the job done... Glad you got the broken stud out ...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the 1130 is out of time but not sure. It was on the blower/roller mill goin wide open then it just quit, it was running strong untill that happend. when we tried gettin it running again it just smoked a little. could be leak in fuel line,out of time, and worse of all blow up. what do you guys think?? we even tried either (that was last resort)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
MH-33 was the 1130 over heating, was it making any noise before it quit?

Is there oil in the crankcase? have you checked the water...Need more info..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wasnt making noises, was running strong and smoke pouring outa the stack like it always did. not sure on the oil, we only worked on it for a while then it was chore time.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 1130 was running normal before it quit......yes we have a stupid 1100 yet.....the one where the guys who rebuilt the motor put the wrong pistons in and rings, so thats why it wouldnt run. Dad is gonna buy an old combine and take the motor out of it and put it in the 1100.

·
Registered
977 Posts
take inj pump out of 1130 turn over engine see if the drive is turning. if its turning take the pump off your 1100 and stick it in the 1130 see if it runs

1 - 20 of 38 Posts