Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Does anyone know where i can get a starter for the above. It has 10 teeth, lucas M35G stamped on it. have scoured ebay to no avail.
many thanks
paul

·
Registered
996 Posts
The only 10 tooth starter I found (on UK sites) is this:
Note that they want the core returned.

This one says 10 tooth in description, but if you look at the daigram, it has 9?:

I also found these two:

They are 9 tooth, but they replace standard 10 tooth units.
This one does not mention tooth number:
but look at the face of the starter:

It looks like the drive is off center in the flange, so a 9 tooth drive will fit a 10 tooth application. Perhaps the starters with 9 tooth that is said to fit MF35 Petrol are all like that, and you do not need to chase a 10 tooth?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi folks. Does anyone know where i can get a starter for the above. It has 10 teeth, lucas M35G stamped on it. have scoured ebay to no avail.
many thanks
paul
Hi Folks.
I bought the 9 tooth from agri and the shaft and bendix are much smaller in dia and also about an inch shorter than my 10 tooth
paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
many thanks
paul
Many thanks Hacke, the heritage rotating electrics looks exactly like mine, the only one i,ve seen so far. well done you, i couldent find it. Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts