1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread.
    Dismiss Notice

MF231 Thrust Washers

Discussion in 'Repair & Technical Discussion' started by Scott Falconer, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Scott Falconer

Scott Falconer New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Hi All

I have an MF231 with the Perkins 3.152, the tractor and engine were made in Poland. I'm trying to find new thrust washers for the crankshaft, but when these engines were made under license in Poland, they changed the dimensions of the rear pair of washers. Proving very difficult to find, does anyone have any information on where to find a set, or maybe a set from another engine that will fit? The forward pair are the same as any other 3.152, it's only rear 2. Thank you in advance.

2. RC Wells

RC Wells Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Try Diesel Parts Direct at 855 518-9662. They will need the numbers off the engine block.

3. Scott Falconer

Apr 16, 2018
    Thank you, tried them but they didn't know about it but were helpful. The other problem is the number stamped on the engine is not normal Perkins format, so when companies ask for serial number, it makes no sense to them.

4. RC Wells

RC Wells Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    You have a Cat dealer nearby? Cat purchased Perkins, and if you can find a parts guy that will work with you they should be able to identify what you have.

The series numbers of the engine you have are one of these:
    TPD 0596 1285 EFG
    TPD 0696 1285 EIS

Serial numbers run:
    up to CE31244U906114W
    then from engine CE31244U906114W

The Serial Number will be in one of these locations:
    The first series is found on the left side when looked at
    from the flywheel end of the engine.
    The later Serial Numbers will be on the right side when looked at
    from the flywheel end of the engine, and may be in the back.

Now, the fly in the ointment. Some of the alleged Perkins engines are actually Zetor copies from Czechoslovakia. Some Perkins parts fit and some Cummins B3.8 parts fit, and all Zetor of the appropriate series will fit if you can find a Zetor guy that will work with you to ID the engine.

5. Scott Falconer

Apr 16, 2018
    Thank you, that's great information. I will post when I find a solution.