1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Mf 35 serial number

Discussion in 'Massey Harris-Ferguson' started by ROYD, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ROYD

ROYD Registered User

Oct 27, 2010
    I just bought a 1962 mf 35,the serial number starts with sgw, s-standard utility, g-gas, w-multipower. What is the multipower?

2. Bedford24

Bedford24 New Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The best way to explain it is read this link How Does Massey Ferguson Multi Power Work | Vintage Tractor Engineer just remember that you can free wheel in Low Multi-power - this means that the engine is not linked direct to the drive train - as in in a straight drive car where if you drop to a lower gear and release the clutch the engine then can slow down the whole car - this is another method to achieve a HIGH/LOW Range in a transmission.