Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all
I want to replace the filter in power steering pump, does anyone have pictures of taking the cover off of it.
Would like to know what all comes off with cover, any info would be helpful. Have put fluid in it but did not help.
Turned the st.wheel 4 or 5 times to left & right all way and refilled pump each time. Did no good, but it is not leaking
any fluid any where that i can see.
Thanks for any info

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Hello Koenton,

I couldn't find any U-tube videos on this subject. It's a straight-forward job. Pull the cover off, clean out any gunk internally, replace the filter and cover seal, and reassemble. Be prepared for a mess when the cover comes off. Have a catch bucket ready plus cardboard under the bucket to catch what your bucket misses.

·
1,110 Posts
It's really not a straight forward job. The row of screws holding the cover on goes all the way around. If I'm after the filter I'll remove the whole pump so I can clean it from all sides before attempting to remove the cover. The pump is held on with two bolts from the front of the timing cover. You stated you have no leaks. So why are you adding oil?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Do not overtighten the little cover screws during re-assembly. You can twist them off, and then you've got a new project on your hands!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really not a straight forward job. The row of screws holding the cover on goes all the way around. If I'm after the filter I'll remove the whole pump so I can clean it from all sides before attempting to remove the cover. The pump is held on with two bolts from the front of the timing cover. You stated you have no leaks. So why are you adding oil?
I was trying to check to see if their was air in lines, read where they said to turn wheels left & right a few times and said to add fluid after i do the right turn & left then add fluid after doing that, it only would take just a small amount. I needed a light to see if it was low but didn,t I had a small funnel that would bent and would put on a little in funnel and most of it run out. Is any parts hooked to the cover that comes off and can the filter be washed out, is it a paper filter?
Thanks for info

·
1,110 Posts
The "turn it full left and full right" is a generic statement that applies to just about any power steering system, not only a 135. You don't need a light to check the oil level. If it's not running out the fill port it's not full. If it's too dark to see fluid below that, I use a short piece of wire as a temporary dipstick to see how far down the level is. Then fill it up.

I don't think there's anything involved with the cover coming off other than the filter. It's just a paper replaceable element. If you plan to remove it, then have one on hand, along with the O ring and mounting gasket. That MIGHT come with the filter, but probably won't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts