Tractor Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Bob.. I, too have not been able to find a definitive answer on what is actually interchangeable between the 2 engines. Most of the internal parts (pistons, rods, bearings, valves and gaskets) are definitely interchangeable as it is the same block. However, some of the accoutrements seem to be different (injection parts, water pump, ect). I'm %90 sure this is because the A4.107 was only produced for a few years and did not benefit from updated parts the 4.107 engine got. Foley Engines in MA seems to be the experts on older Perkins engine. They even manufacture internal parts for the 4.107 still. I may reach out to them and see if they have any information.

I have serviced injectors in the past and at this point, I will probably just tear them down and do the servicing. We have some good chemicals these days that make cleaning up fouled injectors much easier.

As to engine oil... Any suggestions. I'm leaning towards standard 15w40 diesel oil, but worry about the sludging issue in these engine. Maybe 10w40 is a better choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I searched for the difference between the A4.107 and the 4.107 engine and came up blank no one could confirm if it was the same engine, but most posts for the 4.107 were for a marine engine
The history for the engine is on this web site;

When I had a problem with injectors on a FE 35 that I own, I just got them serviced and they have given me years trouble free, I am posting the relevant page from my service manual so if you get them serviced so they have the correct information

Service manual and owners manuals are readily available, I have a reproduction one and an original one and both are exactly the same

Your serial number is for a 1969 MF 130 the last year on my records of production, they built 1027 that year and yours must have been built half way through that year, this may attribute to yours being in good condition although being 52 years old

Its nice to find a web site on the MF 130 that is up to date and being used, there are a lot of owners of them over here in England, especially in Scotland as I seem to be sending a lot of parts up there
I think I will add this forum web site to all my communications for parts and hopefully we will get more interaction with other owners

Regards
BOB

Hello R S Atter

I bought a nice running MF130 over the winter and its been a great workhorse for me, up until I blew and axle seal plowing this week. I have a parts book and found part numbers for pretty much every little seal, gasket, bearings, and brakes I want to replace while its all apart. I was able to find the new brake pads but that is it. Anything I google or search for just comes back it 35 or 135 parts, I'm assuming because that's what we normally have in the States. The 130 is completely different from the 35 and 135. Reading your posts, it sounds like you might be able to help me. I don't know the year but the model/serial number is 130SNMY 374203.
Thanks,
Art

21 - 22 of 22 Posts