Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else hear about the extension of the Mexican truck drivers past the existing 20mi. barrier from border of Mexico to now include the whole USA? What kind of logic is this? A ploy for more votes? Anyone have any insight as to the impact this will have on the shipping/transport industry? Probably means a dilution of the pay/benefits for existing American drivers?

Looking for some insight on this one.
Andy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Not only that unsafe trucks and loads and more pollution from there ragged out trucks.:mad:

·
91 Posts
It probably has more to do with the new hrs of service regs the government implemented witch is creating a huge shortage of drivers in the U S and Canada . There is talk of importing drivers from wherever to keep up with demand. Just gotta luv our Governments!!!!!!!!!
Archie

·
91 Posts
Originally posted by archyb2
It probably has more to do with the new hrs of service regs the government implemented which is creating a huge shortage of drivers in the U S and Canada . There is talk of importing drivers from wherever to keep up with demand. Just gotta luv our Governments!!!!!!!!!
Archie

·
Registered
518 Posts
if thy come into U S thy shld have 2 abide by our federal regulations if thy dnt inforce it on mexican truks then leave the american truckers alone but on other hand mexican truks comin i to U S be like rollin antique truck show lollol:jumpropeb :crazysun: :jumpropeb

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think when the Morons realize thier mistake , It will dissapear as quickly as the Luxury tax did.
Further comment would probably entice raised blood pressure.:flamedevi

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
The US drivers are not paid all that well to start with when you figure dollars per hours worked. American companies that have moved production South of the border will use all Mexican drivers. I wonder what Canada will do when a Mexican truck and driver pulls up to the border?:dazed:

Mark

·
Registered
211 Posts
All of this free trade and what not is a lot of bunk. It can only hurt the American worker while making the government officials and their big business puppeters richer.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Originally posted by parts man
"Parles vous francais?":D
No I don't think so. I took French in Jr High and can only get in trouble with what I remember!!!:D

"Mon crayon es large." From the movie Gotcha!!!! Sorry I am an 80's guy! I think it means I have a big pencil??

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that would actually be something like:

"J'ai un grand crayon"

Smiles from cajun land,

Laissez le Bon Temps roullez!

:band:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I figured some of the French Canadians or you cajuns would be able to set me straight!! I have trouble with english on most days!!!:D

So what does your sig line say? Pour Que? I cant spell either but I am trying!:nerd:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Sorry for getting off track, I did wee lastnight that there are supposed to be some rules about training and certification. I didn't hear the whole thing. Sorry!;)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Originally posted by Carm
All of this free trade and what not is a lot of bunk. It can only hurt the American worker while making the government officials and their big business puppeters richer.
From what I see the problem isn't not enough rules. it's too many. Whenever a government makes rules, the big donors are there to see that their puppet twists the rules to favor the donor. And free trade is about less rules allowing the efficient guy to get the work. What free enterprise is all about!

Unfortunately for those of us who line north of 49 degrees, that translates to free trade in American cars, tractors, machines, software, movies, books, and magazines coming this way, and barriers to lumber, fish, and beef going your way. Seems that lumber producers make big enough donations for W to sit up and beg when the dog treats get waved around.

Now, that wasn't very respectful, was it? Sorry, folks, but until your government starts to walk the talk that's the view from the rest of the world.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The only free trade around here is big business trading donations for favors.

·
Registered
518 Posts
havent heard any more on it but saw few months ago in a construction trade paper tht thy were working on a road connections connecting mexico nan canada

1 - 19 of 19 Posts