Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello leolav. As moderator I guess you will probably see this. I noticed that no one had started a discussion on this topic, and also noticed on your profile that you are Product Manager for coated abrasives, so you could probably answer my question or steer me to someone who can.
Having retired after three careers, I have bought a cutting torch, welder, taken to scrounging a scrap yard, found all kind of neat stuff at 10 cents per pound, all kinds of square tubing, angle iron, just about anything you can think of, ans started building things.

Among those "treasures that was someone else's trash" was a industrial metal cut off saw that weights about 125 pounds, has an excellent excellent 3 hp motor, looks like it wasn't used much and some one tried to rig it to work on single phase house current 220 but it is 3 phase, woudn't work and they sold it for scrap. I bought it, found a phase converter, my neighbor gave me one disk that he had left over from when he was a plumber and they used them to cut off 4" cast iron pipe. Now the problem (if there is one) it takes a 16 inch disk or blade and the only ones that I have found are 14 or 17 inches. Where would I find the 16 inch ones? What would be best for general metal cutting like I described and any other good advice you could give me on the subject would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance if you have time and info to share.

Thanks for this neat forum, there are a lot of things I like about it, including a place to post on "wanted" items that you need.

·
14 Posts
BillP, I searched the following site.... McMaster-Carr

Go to page number.... 2201 and scroll down.... You will find "16 cutoff blades!

{McMaster's has so much stuff that I find I am overlooking some things by forgetting to look at other pages...}

Good Luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I do appreciate the response. I went ahead and picked up a 14 inch blade at Home Depot and it works fine, probably just won't last as long since it is 2" less total diameter and I can live with that and block up under most things if I have to after it is worn down.
I will check out that link, however and see what I can find there.
Best regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts